Filterscape - Better late than never!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this is the fastest I've ever opted to buy a plug after demoing. Took about fifteen minutes of going through some Filterscape presets and rendering a synth parts run through some interesting filter movement for me to get on the site and purchase. What a cool tool. Even just putting some filter/EQ animation on a reverb tail and mixing a percentage of that into the regular reverb sure does liven up what might otherwise be a fairly mundane effect. Can't wait to try it on some vocals. Obviously Filterscape has been out for quite a while, so I'm sure you've heard this a time or two already, but nice work, Urs.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Oh yeah- Filterscape's amazing. 8)

I was going through some of my live improv Kore performances last night and came across one with this wonderful sound happening: I couldn't remember what plugin I was using for this arpeggiating background. It turned out to be FilterscapeVA, and I spent half the night becoming readdicted :oops: :lol:

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:becoming readdicted
Tell me! I've been experimenting with unison modes and some spiffy new modulators recently... if it wasn't so much work to update the graphics, I'd put the update out rather today than tomorrow! 8)

Urs wrote:
Tell me! I've been experimenting with unison modes and some spiffy new modulators recently... if it wasn't so much work to update the graphics, I'd put the update out rather today than tomorrow! 8)
what? filterscape update today?

MitchK1989 wrote:
Urs wrote:
Nah... that was rhetorical... I need at least another week to fix these little issues with Zebra and prepare the release of Uhbik...

;) Urs

Urs wrote: I need at least another week to fix these little issues with Zebra and prepare the release of Uhbik...
;) Urs
so you release Ubik next week :D :lol: :D
bodan

bodan wrote:
Urs wrote: I need at least another week to fix these little issues with Zebra and prepare the release of Uhbik...
;) Urs
so you release Ubik next week :D :lol: :D
bodan
I really really hope so 8)

Urs wrote:prepare the release of Uhbik...
Urs, that's good news! :D
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Urs wrote:
MitchK1989 wrote:
Urs wrote:
Nah... that was rhetorical... I need at least another week to fix these little issues with Zebra and prepare the release of Uhbik...

;) Urs
Ok, definitely in no hurry. I avoid updating plugs while I'm in the middle of a song... So I won't be buying or updating anything until a week or two from now anyway. In fact, when I read that (and took it way too literally) I thought "wha? I thought he was going to finish uhbik before he got into that stuff!"

Yes! Update Filterscape!

I own Filterscape and don't own Zebra!

So Urs, update Filterscape!

:D
A well-behaved signature.

FilerscapeVA update? That's good to hear...with Zebra being the "flagship" of the line, I didn't know if there would be any further development of FSVA.

I mostly bought Filterscape for the effect plugin. I didn't realize what a great synth FilterscapeVA would turn out to be. I guess I just assumed it would be like an earlier, cut-down version of Zebra...but having such extensive modulation of the parametric EQ section and the morphing EQ snapshots makes FSVA a somewhat different animal. It's like having multiple formant filters with variable Q going nuts all at once. The complexity and animation you get in some of the patches just from that alone is amazing. I'm working on a track right now where I needed a variety of radio scanner-type sounds and pitched, playable sounds that evoke that feeling of scanning a shortwave radio dial, and FSVA is really a treasure trove for that kind of thing.

Looking forward to Uhbik as well. Not only will the new effects undoubtedly sound great (which is the main thing, of course), they're also some of the most visually appealing plugins I've ever seen. I LOVE those dials. 8)
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “u-he”