Augustus v.2 demo doesn't validate in Logic 8 ?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've just downloaded the new release of Augustus Loop, that looks very exciting ... but I can't test it because it doesn't pass the validation in Logic ... the validation tool blocks on the analysis phase, and nothing happens !

I thought it was because I have a previous version of Augustus loop installed (v.1.6) ... so I removed it from the plugin folder and tested many times ... but always the same pb ...

Someone had this problem too ?
Any solution for me ?

I'd like to test this latest version before upgrading from 1.6 ...

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I definitely tested in Logic, so this is a bit unexpected.

What version of Logic and Mac OS X are you running? (Mac specs might help too.)

When you say it 'blocks', how long have you left it running for?

cheers,
os.

OK, thanks for your help ...

I've got a white MacBook (SantaRosa), 2,2 Ghz with 3Go Ram, running MacOS Leopard 10.5.5, Logic studio 8 (last update) + MOTU Ultralite

I had no problem to run Augustus Loop v.1.6 (I've been using it from about 2 years at home and on stage).

I'd like to test the last version of Augustus Loop so I've downloaded the demo of v.2.
I've put the file in my components plugin folder with my other plugins.

When starting Logic, the plugin validation tool blocks on analysing "Augustus Loop fx plugin" ... I wait around 3-4 mn and nothing happens.
When I abort this analysis phase, Logic runs normally.
Then, if I open the "plugin list tool", I can see that Augustus Loop v.2 is present but unticked (not validated).

I tried to remove the other "Augustus loop" plugin from the folder (version 1.6) but nothing changed.

I've downloaded the last version of "Expert Sleepers license manager" to see if I should activate the demo ... but nothing like that ... only the upgrade is possible from it.

Hope you could find an answer ...
Thanks.

One thing I don't quite understand:
I tried to remove the other "Augustus loop" plugin from the folder (version 1.6) but nothing changed.
The v1.6 and v2.0 files have the same name - how did you manage to have them both in the folder at the same time?

Try this for me - open a Terminal window, and run the command

auval -v aumf CrsD ExSl

and send me the output (just copy & paste what it prints to an email or forum post).

You're right ... I had to remove my previous Augustus Loop component file before putting the new one in the folder !

Shall I open Logic and then run the terminal ?
Or run the terminal alone ?

Shouldn't make any difference. Probably best not to have Logic running though.

So ... when running the command in the terminal, I've got a message telling me there's a problem with the serial number of Augustus Loop ... maybe that's because I've downloaded the last version of the license manager ???

And here is what is in the terminal :

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.2.1b3
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumf' - 'CrsD' - 'ExSl'
Manufacturer String: Expert Sleepers
AudioUnit name: Augustus Loop
Component Info: Expert Sleepers Augustus Loop AU
Component Version: 2.0.0 (0x20000)
Component's Bundle Version: 1.0.0

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
WARNING: Augustus Loop artificially lowering RAM limit for auval
m_physicalRamSize 0.12GB
Time to open AudioUnit: 184.227 ms
WARM:
WARNING: Augustus Loop artificially lowering RAM limit for auval
m_physicalRamSize 0.12GB
Time to open AudioUnit: 1.400 ms
FIRST TIME:

Ah, so when it appears to be blocking, it's probably just waiting for you to press OK on that dialog.

Easiest is probably if you delete the prefs file, which is called com.expertsleepers.AugustusLoop.plist and which lives in the folder Library/Preferences.

OK ... I'll try it and give you some news !
Thanks.

OK !
Deleting the prefs file was the solution ... thanks a lot, I'm gonna try this new version of Augustus Loop ! :)

Excellent!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”