Sync Groups questions

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any tutorials on using Sync Groups?

Will this new feature allow loops of different lengths to be layered?

Can Garageband be used as the host?

How are the different instances of the Augustus targetted with a MIDI foot controller?

Thanks

samplehead wrote:Any tutorials on using Sync Groups?
Not that I know of. It's not a complex feature though - what did you want to know?
samplehead wrote:Will this new feature allow loops of different lengths to be layered?
You always have been able to do that - just use multiple copies of the plug-in. The new ability that Sync Groups brings is being able to sync multiple copies of the plug-in to each other (which doesn't mean they all have to have the same loop length), rather than all being synced to the host.

I think the short answer is 'yes' :)
samplehead wrote:Can Garageband be used as the host?
Yes.
samplehead wrote:How are the different instances of the Augustus targetted with a MIDI foot controller?
That would depend on your host application. The normal way would be to use different MIDI channels and filter/route the messages appropriately in the host.

Hmmm, what I meant was, is it possible to force all the different length loops to always be a multiple of each other. i.e. I might record a 1 bar percussion loop, then want a 4 bar bass riff, they must never move relative to each other in time...

That's the idea, yes.

If you're not sure, download the demo and give it a try. That's the best way to be sure that you can set up something as you want it.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”