Sysex Output

Official support for: sonicbirth.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know if it is possible to make a SonicBirth AU instrument capable of outputting arbitrary Sysex data to a selectable MIDI interface?

It probably seems like an odd question, but there is method in my madness. I have an old pre-NRPN/CC MIDI synth module (a Korg EX-8000) whose sounds can be edited with sysex commands, so I'm looking for a way to make a plugin to access the synth's controls from within a DAW like Live, that doesn't support Sysex recording.

a|x
http://www.toneburst.net

This interrests me as well, creating au surfaces for external equipment.
But also things like native mode of kaoss pad and pad kontroll are interresting.

I too think having midi out would be great. But from what I've read it's not possible with SB.

Apparently all those midi controls can only stay inside the circuit.
Mon Jul 21, 2008 makira said
"while this [midi out] is certainly possible, it is a good amount of work, and it is not planned at the moment (from me anyway).

(for prospective developers: basically one would need to create a new midi source using core midi - shared across all sonicbirth plugins or not, that's debatable, then create an element that can trigger that midi source.)"

I'd be all about figuring it out, but I just found SB today, and don't know anything about it really.

Seems like you could use the IAC driver to somehow make it happen...
Of course I could be entirely wrong.

I know this is an ancient thread, but it's now possible to create an editor/control panel for a synth using Max4Live in Ableton Live. Getting sysex out of Live can be accomplished by means of a custom Remote Script. I'm an M4L newbie, but have started pitting together a simple editor for my Korg EX-8000. it seems to work so far (though I've only got as far as making controls for Filter Cutoff and Resonance). If anyone is interested, and happens to have Live, Max4Live and a DW/EX-8000, I'll be happy to pass on the bits and pieces necessary to get it working.

Return to “SonicBirth”