V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The VFX Software will be available for download in a few hours!
:hyper:

Quick question, anyone got or use the V-Pedal? How does it fair??

edit:
In each bank you can run unlimited presets and within one preset you can have up to four channels and up to two fx channels
Holy crap :shock:..
stay juicy!

ZioKiller wrote:
The VFX Software will be available for download in a few hours!
:hyper:
I wonder how many few hours indeed... :bang:

I just wanted to applaud all you early adopters. So far this thing seems to be not up to what it promised, so, even more power to you folks!

- Sascha
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Btw, the VFX software is now available...

...and it's still quite buggy...

1) Doesn't allow to select the MIDI in/out ports (on my PC I have an 8x8 patch bay, plus the 1x1 built into the EMU soundcard, plus 4x4 Maple MVC plus the USB ports)
2) Doesn't allow to select the Audio driver and options
3) The firmware upgrade doesn't work
4) Doesn't save the Bank name
5) Crashes when loading VSTs in a newly created preset
6) Crashes when switching to a new preset
7) Freezes when selecting Sync Everything (sometimes I had to hard-reset the PC)
8) What's uploaded into the V-machine doesn't match what was set up into the VFX app

In order to override point 1) I had to use my Win-Mac where the only MIDI port is the V-Machine; if there's more than 1 port, every attempt to Sync freezes the program.

I know the VFX guys are working hard to complete the whole platform and I guess it isn't easy at all, so I wish them good luck and I'm sure that they'll sort everything out in the next days...

Fortunately, Thomann has a 30-days money back policy :hihi:

Thanks for this info Zio. Points 1 and 2 are maditory for me.

BTW any GS plugs tried ;)??

Guess this one will have to be looked at again early 09 :shrug:.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote: BTW any GS plugs tried ;)??
VB3 and ZD6 both work great but need some minor adaptation regarding the text parameter display for a better usage with the LCD screen. MrRay73mk2 and EG70 require a bit more power, especially EG70, so they don't perform 100% with the V-Machine...
Haven't tried the rest, but I bet they all work well.

Overall, the V-Machine will be great for effects. I'd like to try some good IR reverb...

Wow, I still hadn't read this! :dog:

Edirol PCR300 and Roland FantomX7 USB-midi works.
Firmware updates without any problem.
(Close VFX application, Press both buttons 'learn' and switch on the V-machine, wait a few seconds and choose firmware update in the VFX application.)

I'd like to know how I can wipe the IDE flash disk as something went wrong with the synchronisation.

Like someone else mentioned in this thread, give SM pro audio a chance to update the VFX software and fix the bugs.

Joeri

would love to hear from an early adaptor more about the cpu/ram issue: do u run out of ressources quickly, to what kind of PC would you compare the v-machine?

thanks a lot.

I think it's comparable to a P4 2.4 GHz running XP, since I've experienced similar limits/capabilities of my previous PC.

Obviously it can't compare to a Q6600... but believe me, if you can pick the right plugins, you can do many things with this box. The more I use it, the more I love it.

Someday I'll kill that noisy fan, tho! :hihi:

:love:

I've also tested Miles'tone, and I had to edit the wizard file to insert the registry entries for the serial number, and it worked! :D

:shock: WOW! Those look gorgeous. Wondering if theres a half rack screw hole on the bottom or if theres anyway to clap them to a rack.

Guys please show pics of all sides and bottom pllleeeaaasssee..

Thx
stay juicy!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”