V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow. I am wondering alot about this. What i need to know is:
-Can i connect a high capacity usb hard drive to it with all my samples and use it as a bad ass sampler?
-Will it run reaktor vst, kontakt vst, or will it run Glitch vst ???
-So apparently, the ram can be upgraded, but TO WHAT ???

I am wondering why there is so little information on it in general and what it's compatibile with.....

I am very skeptical, but HOPEFULL !

PLEASE tell us!!!

all I know is that there will be a compatibility list "soon" on their website.

I'm the owner of a V-Machine (or should I call it V-Brick) since Thursday, so far, it's been as useful as a brick,

can't believe SM-Pro Audio releases an unfinished product!!

It's very easy to clip the DAC playing the factory sounds,

I wonder why they didn't put a master volume knob outside,?!! (besides the headphones)

Hope the software an the new firmware it's out this week, otherwise my V-Brick will get a one way ticket to the store....

Ok, so I can see this as an alternative to Receptor if one just wants to use a couple of VSTs at a gig. But c'mon. This is $500 and appears to be pretty underpowered for the majority of modern VSTs.

One can get a pretty fast laptop for $500 these days and they'll get far more functionality out that $500. Just my two cents...

Since the V-Machine doesn't have to run Windows, the 512 MB is equivalent to 2 G. Later, Ray

raymb1 wrote:Since the V-Machine doesn't have to run Windows, the 512 MB is equivalent to 2 G. Later, Ray
Seriously, is that from the "pulled from my ass" school of math? The laptop I'm on has 2GB RAM and plenty of Windows apps running on it right now and it isn't using 1.5GB RAM by a long shot. Try again.

Got the figures from a V-Machine site. Since nothing else has to run, the 512 MB should be sufficient. The memory can also be up-graded. Later, Ray

If the plugins aren't specially optimized for the V-Machine then they will take up as much RAM as they would on any PC. So it would be "sufficient" if you are running plugins that take < 512MB if run on your PC.

The manual is available for download now. Says something about the possibility of cpu overload.

One time when they answered my email about how much processing power it can take, they answered that it doesn't have an os so it doesn't compare. Well duh.

So I replied to that email, asked can you give me the specs on any popular mainstream plugin, then I can download the demo for it and see how it compares to my computer. Of course, they didn't reply.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

If the V-Machine works as advertised, then I would rather carry that on a gig than a laptop. Later, Ray

i just got a newsletter from smproaudio:

Dear SM Pro Audio Newsletter Subscriber,

Firstly, we would like to thank you very much for signing up to our newsletter. We hope your enjoy reading the latest information from SM Pro Audio.

We are pleased to announce the V-Machine has begun shipping and will be available in-store next week. For those of you wanting to learn more about the operation and configuration of the V-Machine, we recommend you download the operational manual from our website.

The PDF manual (approximately 970 KB) is available here: http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?opt ... 74&lang=en

The VFX Host Software for Windows PC's will be posted on our website for download in the next few days. The application software allows for the configuration and installation of plug-ins on the V-Machine in addition to delivering a range of performance optimizations and new features to the V-Machine via a hardware firmware update.

Important Note: It has come to our attention that a small quantity of V-Machine hardware units have been sent to dealers prior to the official launch of the V-Machine. We apologize to customers who have received their V-Machine early and appreciate your patience in this matter. Please be assured software will be made available for download from our website very soon.

Thank you very much for your interest in the V-Machine. For more information, please visit our web site at www.smproaudio.com.

So it seems that it was not their fault sending out v-machines to the customers.

Hi There,

@mobilenator: can't believe SM-Pro Audio releases an unfinished product!!

Well, if you'd read the last pages you would know, that the V-Machine was shipped and sold before the offical launch. So please be patient, as we are fixing everything in high speed right now.

btw. the RAM can be upgraded to 1 gig max. But there is no plug in out there which has a dll file which is bigger than let's say 30 mb.

It's WAY WAY WAY too early to be trashing this thing. Although a laptop can be had for the same money, the size, the concept of the thing, etc. fits nicely with what I'd like to use on-stage. So I'm hoping to see this a success. Let's evaluate it AFTER the software and firmware updates. I've seen a lot of stuff trashed and then a few upgrades and the thing is excellent.

raymb1 wrote:Got the figures from a V-Machine site. Since nothing else has to run, the 512 MB should be sufficient. The memory can also be up-graded. Later, Ray
'sufficient' doesnt equal 'miraculously quadrupled'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

smproaudio wrote: btw. the RAM can be upgraded to 1 gig max. But there is no plug in out there which has a dll file which is bigger than let's say 30 mb.
its not the size of the .dll that matters, its the memory footprint while running.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”