V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At smproaudio: Is the RAM upgradable?

hi invitia,

we have a standard so dimm inside so it is upgradeable :)

...two things to add:

1. there is a cooling fan....I can hear it quite well...;-)
2. my v-machine stops working some seconds after I started playing one of the preinstalled plugins (Sampletank SE an so one): No Audio-Output, no reaction to buttons or MIDI-Input, only the display looks at me....sad :-(

let's see what Sm Pro Audio has to say....

hi schoko,

nice talking to you :)

well, i sent you a test file to see, if you can wake up the v-machine again. but as said, in our testing we never had that issue...strange.

but we stay in contact!

hey, that was fast support, thank you! 8)

well, let's see, I'll test it this evening....

cheers

Please keep us informed !
I am really interested by the v-box.

Thanks

Jean

Whoa they're actually responding! I know you didn't respond to my emails, because you did respond to what were easy answers.

If I buy one and need repairs down the line, are you going to blow me off again! Jeepers that's a sweet deal.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I will most def purchase this unit. How many vsti's can this baby run without choking. No vst's, just straight vsti's. Also will this beau alow to use your ext hd as a library and allow the plugins to find their associated library paths?

Sorta like pocket omnisphere to go, but hook up your ext hd to it and point and click the path to the library. If yes then friday she will be all mines hahaha, can wait for the rack!!!!!! hmmmm imaging using it 8 channel i/o has an fx box. ahhhh the possibilities.

sovietpop wrote:Please keep us informed !
I am really interested by the v-box.

Thanks

Jean
Of course I Will :-)

At the moment, the problem is not solved.

update:
seems to be a hardware problem of my v-machine only. It will be exchanged, good support so far!

@prene: it depends on how cpu-demanding the vsti's are, of course.

The good thing is that you can adjust several parameters (i.e. buffer size / latency) for every preset. quite smart, I think....

BTW: I personally need it for a use as a real live instrument, not for use as a multi-channel tone generator....so I'm sure that it will be o.k. for my purpose

"BTW: I personally need it for a use as a real live instrument, not for use as a multi-channel tone generator....so I'm sure that it will be o.k. for my purpose"

Same thing for me, i need something stable for giging.
I dont wanna use my laptop anymore so i have to bring a mouse , a firewire interface etc ..
I was considering a hardware module but the v-box could be perfect if it work.
I have tried several hardware unit recently and honestly i think vsti sounds better than most VA (maybe except waldorf).

Anyway thanks for the information schoko and i hope the next unit is going to be fine.

Ok just got a V-machine yesterday, not much time to play with it

but read the manual a couple of times,

I'm not able to get access to the "menu" option,

when I press both buttons that corresponds to "menu"

got the following message:

"V-Machine version:

1.020081031,"

also when I boot with a usb stick in order to load a VST ( as the manual

says) get this message:

"startup timeout.
disconnect usb devices then restart",

seems to me that the included manual doesn't corresponds with the OS installed in my unit,

or maybe my device it's faulty?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

The firmware is quite "basic" at the moment.

As far as I know, the firmware will be automatically updated with the release of the vfx-software in a few days.

schoko wrote:the release of the vfx-software in a few days.
Should have been today... :roll:

i am very interested in the v-machine too.
but afaik a hw vst host cannot support all plugins. thats normal. so I wonder where exactky we can expect restrictions:
- huge vsti libraries: need to be loaded into the internal RAM, and hw cannot compete with computers here
- monster plugs: I wonder how the v-machine behaves if you press 20 notes on an arturia moog modular at once? there are plugs that strictly require high end cpu's..
- compatibility issues: if Receptor has been a lesson already, I fear a lot of problems coming. in fact even software vst hosts rarely support 95% of all vst plugins (estimated).

above all: thanks SM Pro for coming up with this fine, innovative audio gear ! :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”