arggg :(

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Directsound: This function is not valid for the current state of the object

...dammit, what does this mean? i honestly can't figure out why this effect i'm working on is making that error when i press play!

i tried stripping everything out until i had the same version i started with, but i still get the error.

that is weird.. can you post the SE1 file?

http://users.orbit-x.org/rwx/se/gap2.se1

i have been trying to make a gap plugin triggered by midi.

every time there is a gate signal it's supposed to send an ADSR to a VCA controlling the volume passing through.. except the ADSR is inverted, so it's a "dent" in the sound. anyways, it almost works, all i have to add is a thingie to make the VCA volume 10 unless a signal is coming from the ADSR.. i still haven't figured out how to do that.

... yeah.. that and the error i mentioned above.

hmm when do you get that error?

whenever i press "play".

erm.. ok.. now it works..

i had already tried rebooting but it worked this time.

/me kicks directsound or something

... but if you have any comments on the actual plugin, such as a better way to do it, please tell me :)

i have been trying to make a gap plugin triggered by midi.

every time there is a gate signal it's supposed to send an ADSR to a VCA controlling the volume passing through.. except the ADSR is inverted, so it's a "dent" in the sound. anyways, it almost works, all i have to add is a thingie to make the VCA volume 10 unless a signal is coming from the ADSR.. i still haven't figured out how to do that.
put the output of the Env through an inverter and then take the output of the inverter to a level adjust and **important** also connect a 10v fixed value to the same pin on the level adjust.. This will give you the inverted envelope that you require

ciaou

ahhhhh thank you, that may be just what i need. i was trying to tell it "if there is no signal from the ADSR, then just put through 10 volts" so it's at full volume if not triggered.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”