M42 presets

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought M42 Nebula and I have a basic question. How can I select/change presets in this plugin? In Nebula, I was able to locate only the soundfont load window in the bottom left corner (but no preset selection window) and in the VST rack of Overture 4 (which I'm using as the host application) I can see and choose from only 128 (not 256) presets - so I have access to only one of Tim Conrardy soundbanks. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm just a beginner in the VST world. And I could not find this information in the M42 Manual. Thanks! :help:

szurcio wrote:I just bought M42 Nebula and I have a basic question. How can I select/change presets in this plugin? In Nebula, I was able to locate only the soundfont load window in the bottom left corner (but no preset selection window) and in the VST rack of Overture 4 (which I'm using as the host application) I can see and choose from only 128 (not 256) presets - so I have access to only one of Tim Conrardy soundbanks. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm just a beginner in the VST world. And I could not find this information in the M42 Manual. Thanks! :help:
Hi szurcio

Thanks for the Q.
In M42 and M51( as well as most other synths) the standard is 128 for one bank. So, you can only load 128 at a time via the hosts bank management system. M42 does not have it's own bank management, so you have to do that with the host. It should have a dialog to load / save FXB (bank) and FXP (one preset).

The only thing you are doing with the SF oscillator is changing the sound in the soundfont, not changing a preset.

I hope this helps!

Tim

Return to “AlgoMusic”