Help with new pc rig..

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi could anyone help,
i'm customizing my own PC for music production basically from the ground up, would be looking to have the best of this / that etc, decent memory moduals, decent PCI soundcard, decent graphics card etc. the processor will be intels core 2 duo, not the quad, the core is good enough for my needs, will also be looking at 3 hard drives, 120 gigs for each drive, giving me 360 gigs of ram, should be good enough for the DAW and all those plugins / stored data etc. finally, would want a decent cooling solution, would'nt want the console over heating etc, i'm assuming the CPU fan will come bundled with the processor itself, if not would need a decent CPU fan also. my chosen platform of choice would be W-XP-SP2-32bit, finally a decent mobo, considering all the above, what motherboard would be compatible for all of this, i'm a solo composer working with one instrument an VST plugins.. budget not an issue

Cheers
Musicworld

360Gigs of RAM? Yeah that should be enough...

Not enough I say! You need at least 2 terabytes of ram. And then a couple of petabytes on your hard drives.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”