Any ETA for midi groove drag & drop export?

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any ETA for midi groove drag & drop export? It's the only thing stopping me from purchasing LiveLab as I find it essential to control slices via midi in the host, not through a VSTs internal sequencer.

I'd love that feature. Heads up ohm................ :)

Livelab + ETA =
:cool:

L

next update already contains:

- REX support
- Resizable file browser
- Enhanced multiprocessor support and thread safety
- More midi automation options: slicing and recording can now be controlled by midi
- Time signature support, durations in bars + beats in both slicer and arranger
- some more FR's and BR's that I picked up

Enhanced drag'n'drop import / export will be in the update after that. I work on LiveSlice when I have the time, so I try to avoid ETA's. I have plans to release updates at shorter intervals though :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

woah, actually LiveSlice isn't so hard to fine tune slice positioning. With the export feature I think it will be worth more than Kontakt3 and RMV's beatslicing with all the other features that LiveSlice naturally has.

Is there a button to transfer the slices to a track instead of having to drag each slice into the track? (I'm talking about LiveSlice internal sequencer)

click [lock to Loop],

then click it again to turn it off.

By default, it's normally On for the first track of the first arrangement. This might help too:
http://www.asseca.com/darkstar/liveslice-cg/index.htm

Go buy it - you won't regret it.

DarkStar wrote:click [lock to Loop]Go buy it - you won't regret it.
I absolutely cannot sequence with LiveSlice's internal sequencer!! It's just the kind of composer I am. I must do it via host.... Ok, maybe you can convince me. How easy would it be to create stutter effects? Via midi in host, it would be comparable to creating a series of 64th notes and making a down curve for velocity

Code: Select all

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

|
| |
| | |
| | | |
| | | | |
| | | | | |
| | | | | | |
| | | | | | | |

No need to sequence in LiveSlice.

It does not have its own FX, but you can trigger each slice in a loop or an Arrangement from the host. So you would need to send the series of trigger notes from the host.

Would that be Ok for you?

If so, on the Settings page, set the Play Slices parameters. Here I am using MIDI channel 2, notes C4 upwards to trigger the slices in the first Arrangement. C4 triggers the first slice/event; C#4 triggers the second etc

Big pic:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8418 ... cesnd2.png
HTH

Oh, so you can sequence in the host! The only problem is that it cannot export midi groove.

If midi groove drag and drop will be implemented soon, I *guess* I could live without it for a little while, I'd have to do the midi groove by hand which shouldn't be *terribly* hard...

I guess I better try out liveslice a bit more before I make the decision.

Big problem!: When I hit "lock to loop" it only adds half the loop.

Ohh, I think I figured it out. Something to do with the # of beats.

Edit: Now the loop is moving at double the speed. Help!
Edit: Ok, I set it up so that the host is playing the sequence via midi. However, there's another show stopper. It looks like the host is only able to trigger samples from the SLICER, not the arranger. Thus, all of LiveSlice's arrangement features (pitch shifting, stretching, envelopes) are all useless to me.

The Slicer will show the number of beats and tempo that it thinks the loop is. You can adjust the number of beats if needed.

Then you set the number of beats in the Arranger, click [Lock to Loop] to get the complete loop. And set your host tempo.

As for selection; no you're OK, you can pick which Arrangment you want to use - see the screenshot above, where I have selected Arrangement C1 (the first one). Then you can use all the track parameters - pan, volume, probability, reverse etc.

The 2 MIDI parameters alow you to send MIDI CC to an external VST FX too; for some interesting "loop-synched" effects. But that will depend on your host supporting MIDI Out from VSTis.

HTH

Like I said, I do not want to use LiveSlice's internal sequencer (hitting C1 to *trigger a sequence*). This is because it's so much easier to just arrange the sequence as a midi in the host and doing the kind of complex arrangements I intend to do would take way too much time in LiveSlice (having to create each variation of the loop on multiple tracks and having to trigger then with midi notes). That kind of workflow IMO is horrible.

Sorry if I am not being clear:
- you do not have to trigger any of the LS sequences, nor create multiple tracks or variations; all that can be done in the host.

What I am suggesting is
- use [Lock to Loop] to copy the loop from the Slicer into an Arrangement track.
- then use the Settings page to specify that you want to to trigger the events[*] in that Arrangement using MIDI notes from your host
- you can send as many different MIDI sequences from your host to LS as you want, each one will use the events[*] in the specified Arrangement.

here's an artificial example:

Big pic:
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8238 ... seqoh2.png

Also, you could use the facilites of LiveSlice to combine slices from several loops into one Arrangement, then trigger the events[*] in that Arrangement from your host

[*] "event" is the LiveSlice term for a slice in an Arrangement track

HTH

OMG DOOD!!! ... !!! ... !!!

DOOD... !!!

HOLY...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEH!!!

wait wait wait, one more requirement before I buy LiveSlice. Thanks so much for your persistence by the way. Is it possible to control envelopes with midi?

For example:

Code: Select all

> > > >>>> > >

o
      o
o o o o    o o

o = midi CC
> = sound

Ok, figured that one out. Time to buy! :o :o :-o :-o :shock: :shock: :D :D

Alright, I paid $75, I hope that's normal...

Return to “Livelab.dk”