Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beta 2 is out

here's the list of new features:

REX support
Resizable file browser
Enhanced multiprocessor support and thread safety
More midi automation options: slicing and recording can now be controlled by midi (for example: hit a midi-key to record, use mod-wheel to auto slice the recording)
Time signature support, durations in bars + beats in both slicer and arranger.
FR 019 - Refresh after Ctrl+V an Event - now stays on the destination track
FR 018 - Refresh after Adding a Track - now displays the new track
FR 053 - Overlapping slices in RX2 files
FR 054 - Refresh track selection after Deleting a Track
FR 055 - Refresh track selection after Re-opening LS

Fixes:
"Lock to loop" setting is now correctly recalled when opening projects
BR 092 - waveforms no longer remain in Slicer when loop is deleted
BR 096 - changing MIDI config details by mousewheel is not kept
BR 098 - MIDI Playback channels are set 1 too high
fixed "Changing banks, selects another arrangement"

changes:
cleaned up the mouse handling in the sequencer.
Removed the "clear event" feature (there's no need to have empty events in an arrangement)
Middle mouse now deletes events if no parameter is selected, and resets parameters if a parameter is selected
you can reset event parameters by dragging over them with middle mouse button down.

That's about it. Happy testing.
Last edited by ohm on Thu May 08, 2008 9:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Woo Hoo !

Receiving email while I type this.

But, no installer for me! Please keep it manual.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:no installer for me! Please keep it manual.
I believe an installer could work, as long as all that it does is copy the files to the appropriate folders.

Installers are annoying when you HAVE to run them after reinstalling windows. With a simple installer you can always copy the dll's manually and it still works. Some installers can even be extracted using 7-zip I noticed - so you can get the best of both worlds.

That'll do for me . . . off to try out the RX2 slicing
:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

nice, cheers ohm

Hi Ohm,

Thanks for update. Just one thing do I need "REX Shared Library.dll" in my win32 folder if I have recycle 2.1 installed?

Parris.............

parris wrote:Hi Ohm,

Thanks for update. Just one thing do I need "REX Shared Library.dll" in my win32 folder if I have recycle 2.1 installed?

Parris.............
If you have recycle 2.1 you should already have the REX Shared Library.dll in your system32 folder.
edit: liveslice will run fine without the rex dll installed - it'll simply tell you if it's not installed when you attempt to open a rex, rx2 or rcy file.

This is working well here :)

These ones aof mine are Implemented/ Fixed:
BR 092 - waveforms no longer remain in Slicer when loop is deleted
FR 019 - Refresh after Ctrl+V an Event - now stays on the destination track
FR 018 - Refresh after Adding a Track - now displays the new track

PS - Did you find out that you can save your RX2 files as ACIDized wav files (I did, but it was by accident :))

Here's a couple of things:
BR 097 - prompt for missing .wav file
[v147 beta 1]
After loading and auditioning several RX2 loops successfully, I started getting a pop-up window which said that a wav file was missing and letting me browse for it.
The missing file name was, for example, theRX2fileIwanted.rx2.wav
LS had interpreted the file as the name for a .wav file.
Also, all the other sample names in the Loops section had changed to red font.

I deleted LS, reloaded it and loaded the RX2 file quite happily. So the file is fine.

BR 096 - changing MIDI config details by mousewheel is not kept
[v147 beta 1]
- When I change a MIDI Config value by scrolling the mousewheel then close and re-open the Settings page, the change is not kept.
- It's not saved as the default either.

------------------------------------------------------------
And some FRs:
FR 055 - Refresh after Re-opening LS
- when I close the LS GUI and re-open it, the GUI displays from track 1 downwards for the Arrangement; it would be much better (and save unnecessary scrolling) if it refreshed to redisplay the track(s) I was viewing
- at the moment, you have to scroll down the tracks to get back to where you were.

FR 054 - Refresh after Deleting a Track
- when I delete a track, the GUI refreshes to display from track 1 downwards; it would be much better (and save unnecessary scrolling) if it refreshed to redisplay the track(s) after the track I have just deleted
- at the moment, you have to scroll down the tracks to get back to where you were.

FR 053 - Overlapping slices in RX2 files
[v147 beta 1]
In the RX2 format you can have overlapping slices. So that, for example, the second slice starts playing before the first slices has played completely.

In LS, the first slice is cut off at the point where the second slice starts. So when you add the first slice to a track in the Arranger, it is always cut off, even if there is no event immediately following it.

I think that the full length of the event should be shown _and_played_ in the Arranger, even though it is not fully displayed in the Slicer.

[PS this is for a guitar loop, not drums]

FR 052 - more relevant preset names
The preset names that are visible to the host are: "default 1" - "default 73" (btw, shouldn't that be 72?)

Change them to reflect the Arrangement names in the Arranger. For example, "Arr C1" to "Arr B6" (taking the note names from the Play Arrangement Note settings)

FR 051 - Keyboard shortcuts in Loops panel
In v145 we got keyboard shortcuts in the Browser. :)
- can we also have Tab to switch between the Browser and Loops section?
-and can we have the Up/Down/First/Last/Up 10/Down10 keyboard shortcuts in the Loops section?

PS Don't worry about my BR numbers - ohm has fixed 92 of the 95 I have raised before today. :)

and those other 3 aren't serious - they could just as easily be described as FRs.

anyone having problems in ext2 ? Works great in reaper (but I haven't figured out multi-output vstis in reaper yet :? ) whereas in Ext2 the preview browser works fine, but importing a Rex file ends in tears.

scuzzphut wrote:anyone having problems in ext2 ? Works great in reaper (but I haven't figured out multi-output vstis in reaper yet :? ) whereas in Ext2 the preview browser works fine, but importing a Rex file ends in tears.
Thanks - It was the new time signature support that didn't work out in xt2 (affecting both wav and rex), because it fails to report the time signature (I know it's always 4/4 in xt2 but it should be reported anyways). It's been fixed now, liveslice just assumes 4/4 if nothing is reported.

superquick
nice one, ohm :-)

All good so far in cubase 4.1. Nice job ohm............. :wink:

I don't use rex files so not much help on my end. But can't wait for the next beta! Thanks for this update Ohm :D
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

BR 098 - MIDI Playback channels are set 1 too high
[v147 beta 1, also in v146]

When I set either of the MIDI Playback channels (Play Arrangement, and Play Slices), the channel is set to the one above the one I pick. But this is only seen if I close the Settings page and re-open it.

So, for example, setting the channel to 4 results in it being set to 5.

Return to “Livelab.dk”