New forum layout!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C00kie wrote:Somebody tell me.... does this look right??

That surely didn't happen until early this morning...
Nope, it does not look like that here. Of course I disagree with some aspects of the new layout too, but I am not having the problems shown in your screen cap. (Using IE6 and Firefox.)

surely in these days of increasingly ubiquitous wide screen displays, narrow width web-pages have truly passed their best-before?

not enjoying this new look. :(
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

ugo wrote:
C00kie wrote:Somebody tell me.... does this look right??

That surely didn't happen until early this morning...
Nope, it does not look like that here. Of course I disagree with some aspects of the new layout too, but I am not having the problems shown in your screen cap. (Using IE6 and Firefox.)
It happened during increasing / decreasing the font size. This issue seems to be fixed though, can't reproduce that anymore. People seem to be working on the layout all the time ;-)

[edit] I applauded too soon... Some messages still suffer from this, while others don't. Weird :shrug:
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

ARGGGGG...don't like the new look. Trying to click on my custom links, and it brings me to the news page . Everything is so crampled. When inside a thread, and I want to edit my post, there is an KVR add or something, and I can barely get to the edit button. Something dreadfully wrong here. Using FireFox.

Tim

tconrardy wrote:ARGGGGG...don't like the new look...Everything is so crampled.
Using IE6 here and there seems to be a lot of wasted space. Screen Resolution is at 1280 X 1024 and only about a third of the screen is used by text within a thread. The rest is blank space, links and ads. Looks very squeezed and columnar.

Me no like. Ugh. Emdot has spoken.

Too lopsided.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Opera users should select View/Fit to Width if the forum is overlapping the side-menus; this fixes it for me.

Personally, I'm glad Ben's restricting the width of the forum; with today's larger, widesceen monitors, it was getting fatiguing to read that much horizontal text. But it is a bit cramped right now, IMHO. It'd be nice if we could reclaim that space being (sometimes) used by the banner ad on the far right.

A couple of things i spotted;

- the font size for the Quick Forum Jump drop-down list looks spookily big to me.

- I prefer to see if I have any new PMs without having to drop down the list (or perhaps that is working; I don't have any new PMs atm).

- on viewing the drop-down list below my kvr name and hovering over the choices, I was whisked off automatically to the News page.
Last edited by DarkStar on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You should see PMs next to your name, like: "PM:1"

DarkStar wrote:A couple of things i spotted;

- the font size for the Quick Forum Jump drop-down list looks spookily big to me.

- I prefer to see if I have any new PMs without having to drop down the list (or perhaps that is working; I don't have any new PMs atm).
If you get one, it'll show up next to your name.

I like the general new style but the arrangement of the panels needs to be addressed.

-centralised forum threads (ie. not left aligned)
-wider (can you detect the browser screen size and adjust accordingly?)
-less wasted space
-more thoughtfully placed ads
-a spell checker in the quick reply box!

bduffy - yep, it does, thank you.

It took some time to reply as I kept getting the News page when I click the PM:1 bit
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hovered on the More button:

and the ImageShack service, have to do that ourselves now?? :tantrum:
My MusicCalc is temporary offline.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

why don't you set it back down to normal?
Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

I'm not liking this at all... Way to narrow on my 1650x1080 display. My scrolling necessary, more eyestrain.

Return to “Site Stuff”