plugin request- midi controller adapter...

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm searching for something similar to the great MIDIplugCS11

the idea: a midi converter plugin capable of expanding the power and usability of hardware midi controllers during live performances.

it must be fast and SIMPLE to use and to program.

i use many diy hardware midi controllers (i have more than 64 pots and 128 buttons around) what i want (and i think it would be good for all users) is to leave fixed banks on the external controllers and to have a vst plugin like midiplugCS11 that converts all the midi messages coming form the controller into another set of cc and note messages (a different set for each progect\song - i use energy xt to play live)

the limits of midiPLUGcs11 are:
1 a fixed number (8) of cc's to process. the best solution is to have a scrollable window with an expandible number of elements to convert... i think 64 or 128
2 no midi LEARN function. for simplicity factor, a midi learn button is required both for input and for output. the transform\editable section could be expanded with other features.
3 it' impossible to convert a cc into a midi on\off message and viceversa.

other nice features for this possible new plugin:
* internal selection of midiports. useful with virtual midiports like midiyoke

* possibility to change bank\preset using buttons (note messages)... some buttons on the controller will be used to switch bank, so a 16fader controller will become a 128 fader controller!

is it possible ho have the sourcecode or the synthedit project of midiplugcs11?
what is the formula to add inertia to a controller?

Maybe you should have a look at the ACT feature of Sonar. It does approximatively what you're requesting.

Marc from Azura
www.duoazura.com

... i'm a pc user. no mac
i need a vst midi plugin usable in different hosts. expecially in modular enviroments for live performances...
there are many midi vst converters around and i can yet reach the result i desire but with a terrible effort from my side...

i'm searching for a single converter plugin with
*LEARN function fot input and output
*trasform function with inertia
*cc to cc \ cc to note \ note to note \ note to cc
*easy and fast programming!!!!
*easily switchable banks

if someone can introduce me in programming with synthedit or similar i can try by myself to create it..

+1

I was juat looking for something like that.

As well: check the thalamus project http://www.kvraudio.com/get/751.html
Seems promising but it is still in development(??).

Btw. what is midiplugCS11 ?? Where can I find it?

M I D I P l u g C S II

http://acousmodules.free.fr/acousmodules5_en.htm

i opened another topic in the energyxt forum

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 053de4d85e

Hi,
Sorry for the late answer...
1 a fixed number (Cool of cc's to process. the best solution is to have a scrollable window with an expandible number of elements to convert... i think 64 or 128
It is a limit of one plugin, but since it is intended to be used in a modular environment, I thought that it is easy to use as much plugins as you want.
2 no midi LEARN function. for simplicity factor, a midi learn button is required both for input and for output. the transform\editable section could be expanded with other features.
Yes, I could add this. But I have not the time actually.
3 it' impossible to convert a cc into a midi on\off message and viceversa.
There must be a special MIDIPlug for this, but it is not finished yet. I will try.
* internal selection of midiports. useful with virtual midiports like midiyoke
OK. It will be available in the next version.
* possibility to change bank\preset using buttons (note messages)... some buttons on the controller will be used to switch bank, so a 16fader controller will become a 128 fader controller!
I am not sure to understand. Can you explain more for a bad english reader ?
what is the formula to add inertia to a controller?
I use a simple 1 pole LowPass filter. I have tried with "smoothing" or special modules, but the better I have found is yet this solution.
The drawback is that it works at sample rate and can result in more CPU use.

Look at NicFit's and Soma's plugins :
http://asseca.com/nicfit/index.html
http://asseca.com/soma/index.html
You must find what you search here.

Quote:

I am not sure to understand. Can you explain more for a bad english reader ?
and i'm a bad english writer!!! :D

it's not and important issue, just because plugin presets can be switched sending bank change messages... i asked you if those banks could be switched via midi notes...

Quote:
1 a fixed number (Cool of cc's to process. the best solution is to have a scrollable window with an expandible number of elements to convert... i think 64 or 128

It is a limit of one plugin, but since it is intended to be used in a modular environment, I thought that it is easy to use as much plugins as you want.
please take a look to the other topic i opened on the energy xt forum. i think you'll understand the importance to have a dedicated interface to a big big controller

Return to “AcousModules”