Category - Distortion not showing in P5 2.5

Official support for: agitatedstate.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

liking this product! As the subject states I have created a distortion category and have a couple of plugs in it, but when I go into p5 the category doesn't show up anywhere - in the instruments drops or the the add fx drops.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear your having a problem.

I will be posting a significant update - late Monday / early Tuesday. There are a lot of tweaks, bug fixes, and new stuff.

One of the bugs fixes concerns a problem with deleting categories, but I don't think that's the problem you are having. Can you give me a few more details. If this is a bug I'd like to have it fixed in the upcoming build.

Are you using Project5 v2.5 or earlier?
Have you deleted any default categories within MenuMagic?
Are your other categories being properly populated?

Best Regards,
...Steven
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

Hi Steven,

thanks for getting back to me. I am using P5 v2.5. I initially used the 'Distortions' that was there by default. P5's Alias Factor was in there already, I added Ohmforce Ohmicide, then created the menus- but in P5 I oculd see all the menus apart from 'Distortions' - the Ohmicide plugin was available and in the normal P5 VST menu.

Hope that makes sense!!

RIch

How many plug-ins do you have in the Distortions category?
If you look in the Plug-in Info Grid is Ohmicide a VSTi or DXi?

If Ohmicide is a DXi and you only have 2 entries in the Distortions category then that would explain what is happening.

Cakewalk handles instruments and filters(FXs) differently - you might see only part of a Category under instruments and the other under FXs.

Cakewalk requires at least 2 items in a Category (except Sonar6), items with less than 2 items will show up with Category name as a prefix. So for example if you only have 2 items under Distortions and one is a VST and the other a DXi - they will not show up as un-categorized within P5. For example "Distortion Ohmicide" under Instruments and "Distortions Project5 Alias Factor" under FXs.

If this is the problem you are having there are a couple of possible solutions/work arounds.

Handling of this issue is on the todo list but won't be in upcoming build.

...Steven

I think that ohmicide is a vst, but perhaps it isn't - I do only have 2 plugs in the distortions category and alias factor is def a dxi- I will check some more when I get home.

Thanks for the help

RIch

Did a little checking..
Project5 AliasFactor - DX
Ohmicide - VST
so the instrument/fx issue shouldn't apply here.

If they are both in the Distortions category, then you should have a Distortions menu item with both these items under 'Add FX' in P5's Main Control View (leftmost column). Under Insert Instrument or Replace Instrument, in the Track Pane, there would not be a Distortions menu item.

If you use the Menu Preview does Distortions show up as a menu item?

If the Distortions menu item is not showing up under 'Add FX' then I need to see your MenuMagic config files to figure out whats happening.
Please do the following:
* Under the Settings / Options tab click on Send Bug Report
* When the tech report email pops up please add any file with a 'DAT' extention to the attachment list.
* I might need you to use the VST registry backup and send me those files as well.

If you can get me the info I will see if I can find & fix the problem tonight.

Thanks
...Steven

Rich,

Your problem should be fixed in the new beta just released.
Check your email for your link.

...Steven

Thanks very much Steven, haven't had a chance to try it yet - will do so tomorrow and report back :)

Hi Again,

still having the same problem with the 'Distortions' menu not showing - the plugs are available under P5s normal VST menu. Funny thing is I have Ohmboyz delay and that sits fine in the delay category.

I tried a total reset, no joy - I might have messed up though, I uninstalled the older version without reverting back to my inital P5 settings - would this make a difference?

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

Please send another bug report under the Settings / Options tab.

I made changes in the new build to include P5v2.5 and Sonar6 information that was previously missing. I also made changes on my own system so I should be able to recreate what you are seeing.

...Steven

Rich,

Check your email. Sent you link to private build.
Recoded the Menu Preview handling. This should fix this issue.

...Steven

Sorry for not replying earlier, but the Distortion category now shows perfectly.

Thanks for the fixes.

Rich

Return to “Agitated State”