Directwave Update?

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when can we expect the next update to be released?

why?...

because there are lots of unfinished stuff...
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

and 3rd party presets aren't working in the latest version.

(it has been quite a long time... wonder if they're still waiting for ChickenSys* Translator to update some stuff)

* I keep misreading that name. It's really not a good name... :hihi:

Arguru was working on Deckadance, too, wasn't he? Probably has his hands full at the moment.

I guess we will have to wait a while. I would love to eventually buy Deckadance but I'm not really happy with the customer service/ updates that are supposed to fix major problems. Has development for Directwave been forgotten about?

mw wrote: Has development for Directwave been forgotten about?
I hope not :scared:

Shif.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

mw wrote:I would love to eventually buy Deckadance but I'm not really happy with the customer service/ updates that are supposed to fix major problems.
What's the problem with the support ?

We have been releasing a new version just about every week since we released it and we're coming up with a new version shortly after the weekend again.
mw wrote:Has development for Directwave been forgotten about?
Of course not, although I have to admit most resources are going to Deckadance right now.

For the importing issues we are waiting for a new release from ChickenSys and that was promissed to us in the very near future (although we have little or not control over Garth schedule).
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

I'm talking about support/updates/fixes for Directwave. I was saying that I would love to get Deckadance because the features look good, and this is the first thing that has gotten my interest in the "mp3 dj thing", but I don't want to end up with another product that I'm just wating for fixes that span a long period of time. I think that maybe Directwave should be fixed first before moving onto another product. Now that Deckadance is released it seems that it must be ok to put Directwave on the "back burner". I think maybe keeping us informed about Directwave would help ease the dilema.

mw wrote:I think that maybe Directwave should be fixed first before moving onto another product.
I don't know what fixes you're waiting for but (as some of the technology we use is licensed) we're often waiting for new versions as well.

The internal effects do not work on rex files. Also the importing rex files in the latest beta crashes Directwave. Importing .exs crashes as well. Problems with velocity not responding when changing the velocity value in Cubase SL3. Previewing in the browser sometimes causes a crash. Sample paths not remembered in non-native formats. Is slice mode (SL) supposed to work on wav files? I know it would be drastic but maybe licensing converters from another company would be better than waiting.

mw: The convertors are licenced from Chicken Systems afaik.

But I'm in total agreement. I really hope this isn't the start of a worrying trend by ImageLine where they release more and more products and leave others in a state of disrepair.

mw wrote:The internal effects do not work on rex files. Also the importing rex files in the latest beta crashes Directwave. Importing .exs crashes as well.
same here with exs
I hope the new CT dll arrives soon :)
mw wrote: Problems with velocity not responding when changing the velocity value in Cubase SL3.
take a look at the mod matrix.
there must be something wrong.
mw wrote: Sample paths not remembered in non-native formats.
afaik this was never planned and probably will never be be implemented
but it would be a nice feature

mw wrote:The internal effects do not work on rex files. Also the importing rex files in the latest beta crashes Directwave. Importing .exs crashes as well. Problems with velocity not responding when changing the velocity value in Cubase SL3. Previewing in the browser sometimes causes a crash. Sample paths not remembered in non-native formats. Is slice mode (SL) supposed to work on wav files?
I'll check this out with Argu.
mw wrote:I know it would be drastic but maybe licensing converters from another company would be better than waiting.
As you said yourself : a bit drastic. Garth promised to deliver something ASAP now.

fandango wrote:I really hope this isn't the start of a worrying trend by ImageLine where they release more and more products and leave others in a state of disrepair.
Not really : With each new product we've hired new developers, allowing FL Studio to grow (both internally as externally with plugins) without putting too much stress on the main FL developers.

Return to “Image Line”