DirectWave FR: Need Endpoint Setting and Loop Start/End Link

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, DirectWave Gods...

I am just getting started with the v1.3 beta, and DirectWave is really working well. I just made my first multisampled program with DW v1.3, and noticed something kind of big missing:

A "Sample End" setting to go with the "Sample Start" setting. Please think about adding this. Allow me to explain the reason why:

When creating new sounds, sometimes it's really useful to be able to experiment with truncating a sample's tail, but not have to actually commit to a destructive edit to try it. This allows you to make different sounding timbres from the same sample without having to truncate the tail in different ways to do it.

One other request: Having a "Link" feature for loop start and end would be really great. What you can do with this is then modulate the loop "window" while the sound is playing, and this is a really great way to make interesting new sounds.

Really, I hope you'll consider this. DirectWave is just so complete and SO USEFUL that it's a shame it doesn't have these 2 things. I really can't even think of anything else that DirectWave needs by way of features - that's what a great job you guys have done!

excellent idea the link thing. Count with that for next v.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

Return to “Image Line”