poizone problems - FRs

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Maxx

That's another nice synth you've made. well done.

I am having sparse CPU spikes. There is no special pattern for their occurence.
I remember once that I played with CC volume this thing happened.

My FR is about midi automation.
There is no ability right now to assign midi CC to the radio buttons that control for eg the filter mode, the lfo shape etc. I would also like to automate via CC the delay sync values, the lfo sync values and in general all the sync values. The same applies for Toxic when you finally update it.

Another problem for me is the importing of CCmaps. If you import a CCmap to control a patch and at the time you move a hardware knob all the values of the knobs and sliders of Poizone change according to the saved values that reside into the patch from where the import CCmap was performed.I think it's more logical to import only the links to CC's and not the actual values of a patch.
Anyway I think this process of importing CCmaps all the time is tedious. I think the CCmap should be applied to all patches or at least there should an option to make it global or not.
Thanks for your time

Kyros

kraftF wrote:Hello Maxx

That's another nice synth you've made. well done.

I am having sparse CPU spikes. There is no special pattern for their occurence.
I remember once that I played with CC volume this thing happened.

My FR is about midi automation.
There is no ability right now to assign midi CC to the radio buttons that control for eg the filter mode, the lfo shape etc. I would also like to automate via CC the delay sync values, the lfo sync values and in general all the sync values. The same applies for Toxic when you finally update it.

Another problem for me is the importing of CCmaps. If you import a CCmap to control a patch and at the time you move a hardware knob all the values of the knobs and sliders of Poizone change according to the saved values that reside into the patch from where the import CCmap was performed.I think it's more logical to import only the links to CC's and not the actual values of a patch.
Anyway I think this process of importing CCmaps all the time is tedious. I think the CCmap should be applied to all patches or at least there should an option to make it global or not.
Thanks for your time

Kyros
Thanks Kyros, I'll check these problems....

About additional authomations - I'll see what I can do, it may cause some problems, and if I find the way to avoid these problems I will try to apply.

Maxx, thanks for the response.

I have had something similar as well. Particularly if I run more than one instance of Poizone, I get crashes, etc.

Great sounds though.

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:I have had something similar as well. Particularly if I run more than one instance of Poizone, I get crashes, etc.

Great sounds though.

Thanks
-B
hmmm... you get crashes when run many instancies? I was reported only about noisy sound (what's already fixed btw, update is charged, and waiting for launch). Crashes is new for me, what's your host/OS?

I also get crashes when running more then one instance, especially if I dont have any of the presets as sound.

ableton live 6.03 latest os x macbook intel core duo
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Maxx Claster wrote:
BERFAB wrote:I have had something similar as well. Particularly if I run more than one instance of Poizone, I get crashes, etc.

Great sounds though.

Thanks
-B
hmmm... you get crashes when run many instancies? I was reported only about noisy sound (what's already fixed btw, update is charged, and waiting for launch). Crashes is new for me, what's your host/OS?
Maxx-
I haven't had a chance to try the update yet, but I was trying to do a Poizone lead over one of the sustained Poizone rhythm/seq presets in another instance. Several crashes occurred until I finally gave up and rendered the rhythm track to audio.

Using Cubase 4 as the host in XP pro with 2 gig RAM.

I originally posted on this in the Poizone is a Legend thread when it first came out.

BTW--I think your stuff rocks. Keep up the good work.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Maxx, concerning the problems that the other guys have mentioned, I have experienced crashes as well when using 2 instances of Poizoine but not always.

The Midi CC assignment insists on being problematic for me. If you assign a CC to a knob and manipulate the knob using the GUI and then send another CC assigned to another knob then all knobs assigned with CC's jumb back to the value that was given to them through midi.
Along with the fact that when you import a cc map then your preset is destroyed getting its values from the preset that the map was imported we have this strange jumping of the knob values.
Maxx please do something about it, it's very much annoying.

AAA. One FR about the value display. When you click on a knob you should be able to watch it's value being unpdated in the led display when you send cc's from hadare controllers and not insead being forced to click again on the knob to see what value has been assogned to it.

Cheers
Kyros

Can you try the new version 1.1 of PoiZone?

Return to “Image Line”