PoiZone is an instant legend.

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mistertoast wrote:When I have problems like that with Firefox, I use the IE Tab extension. You stay in Firefox, but use the IE renderer.

Pretty stupid for them to not take the money from people who have Firefox, though. Nitwits.
awesome extension, one of my requirements before upgrading to major versions of firefox ;) the others are web developer toolbar, and firebug. :)

ietab freaking owns.

aMUSEd wrote:
grymmjack wrote:the UI is a work of art. excellent balance of color and contrast. the text doesn't appear fuzzy to me at all, but then i run on a lcd flatpanel and wear strong prescription glasses :)

Looks familiar to me
lol, you say that about any UI that is monochrome and orange :)

but yes, it's bonesish colorscheme. to be fair he didn't come up with that combination either, the first real prevalent use of monochrome and orange (and shades thereof) was done by valve interactive in their game halflife.

anyway, it's nitpicking :)

poizone would have to be much smaller to be a bones creation as he wastes not a single pixel. poizone is much larger than anything i've ever seen out of him, not that size makes a difference.

though i have to say after using the synth for an extended period, it feels like the scale is perfect. like every control is just the right size to grab quickly. i've not had any finnicky responses at all from them.

excellent all around.

love that font you use to BONESify the poizone section blocks, what is the typeface?

grymmjack wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
grymmjack wrote:the UI is a work of art. excellent balance of color and contrast. the text doesn't appear fuzzy to me at all, but then i run on a lcd flatpanel and wear strong prescription glasses :)

Looks familiar to me

but yes, it's bonesish colorscheme. to be fair he didn't come up with that combination either, the first real prevalent use of monochrome and orange (and shades thereof) was done by valve interactive in their game halflife.

poizone would have to be much smaller to be a bones creation as he wastes not a single pixel. poizone is much larger than anything i've ever seen out of him, not that size makes a difference.

though i have to say after using the synth for an extended period, it feels like the scale is perfect. like every control is just the right size to grab quickly. i've not had any finnicky responses at all from them.

excellent all around.

love that font you use to BONESify the poizone section blocks, what is the typeface?
Now I gotta admit that I havent never even heard about such thing as bones killer? Tried to google it up but no results either. The yellow grey thing was suggested because it was supposed to blend well with fl studio. However the gui is already reworked and due to release with the next update.
GUI Design for commercial and free projects

they are referring to Bones' synths at www.novakill.com
the added irony/intrigue is that Bones, back in the 20th century(?) got in a tussle with the imageline crew , perhaps Gol specifically, and parted ways only to embrace Orion and bash Fruityloops. Since then, Bones has made his own excellent SE synths focused on smaller featuresets with a logical gui and nice sound.

Your GUI is excellent, TSV, and any snickers come from the history/funny arguments between the two. Bones' synths are fantastic, but he certainly has no copyright on the use of yellow/orange in a gui nor has he ever tried to recreate a hardware look.

good show! can't wait to see more of your work in circulation :)

NO offense to anyone, but does poizone do anything that pentagon 1 or imposcar can't do?
paz por esos mundos

The font I used (which I was told is the one Bones uses) is Space Age

(although looking at this I'm not sure if that is correct but you can see the similarities)

TSV wrote:
grymmjack wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

Looks familiar to me

excellent all around.

Now I gotta admit that I havent never even heard about such thing as bones killer? Tried to google it up but no results either. The yellow grey thing was suggested because it was supposed to blend well with fl studio. However the gui is already reworked and due to release with the next update.
Although I don't expect you to use my ideas (which were very tongue in cheek) I do think the fonts you used and their size was a bit lacking in visual dynamism - I do prefer the font above for that and the sizing is clearer.

bit miffed no-one noticed my subtle pun in the name :)

as a reply to their shop not working in firefox: it used to work, but firefox released an update last week, which broke it.
So this is actually firefox's fault and not imageline's.

aMUSEd wrote:
TSV wrote:
grymmjack wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

Looks familiar to me

excellent all around.

Although I don't expect you to use my ideas (which were very tongue in cheek) I do think the fonts you used and their size was a bit lacking in visual dynamism - I do prefer the font above for that and the sizing is clearer.

bit miffed no-one noticed my subtle pun in the name :)
Well it was very nice of you to see all that trouble doing that caricature... But the new gui was already done a week ago so there wont be any spacy fonts.
GUI Design for commercial and free projects

pascual wrote:NO offense to anyone, but does poizone do anything that pentagon 1 or imposcar can't do?
just try the demo it is available to everyone , the synth is very intuitive has a really nice sound , i don't think it could beat imposcar but as far as ease of use is concerned it is cleary unbeatable and the sound is really good
http://www.image-line.com/documents/poizone.html
and its low price make it a sure value :)
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

PoiZone has its' own unique sound. I wouldn't compare it to ImpOscar - each synth claims its' own sonic territory. ImpOscar is a favorite too - not quite as edgy as PoiZone IMHO.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

When you stumble across the occasional page that only works in IE, just click on the little IE thing and the page is re-rendered for you in IE. Fixes almost everything.

mistertoast wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

When you stumble across the occasional page that only works in IE, just click on the little IE thing and the page is re-rendered for you in IE. Fixes almost everything.
Thanks for that. Works like a charm.

Got Poizone last night. Good presets/sound, etc. However, a bit troubled that I can't seem to run more than one instance without running into the digital equivalent of feedback coupled with stuck MIDI.

Anyone else have this problem? If it's a bug, I hope it gets fixed in v. 1.1.

cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
mistertoast wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/

Thanks for that. Works like a charm.

Got Poizone last night. Good presets/sound, etc. However, a bit troubled that I can't seem to run more than one instance without running into the digital equivalent of feedback coupled with stuck MIDI.

Anyone else have this problem? If it's a bug, I hope it gets fixed in v. 1.1.

cheers
-B
I haven't had this problem with Poizone. :shrug: Definitely report it to ImageLine however...Maxx is usually pretty quick with updates. :)

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

When you stumble across the occasional page that only works in IE, just click on the little IE thing and the page is re-rendered for you in IE. Fixes almost everything
mistertoast - Do you know of a similar fix for IE7?

Return to “Image Line”