PoiZone is an instant legend.

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow!

this thing has some incredible versatility. it sounds /so/ good. it takes a bit to get the hang of programming, since there aren't the normal everyday controls/methods of working, but man does it pay off in the end.

i'm able to program like a /lot/ of different kinds of sounds with speed i've not realized and it really makes me feel good about the synth. it definitely nails it's goal. the minimalism is definitely appreciated here. just like it says in the manual, the minimalism doesn't really hurt it. there is a great deal of flexibility. this is turning into one of my favorite instruments.

the 256 factory presets that this comes with done by T3 and maxx himself, are very well made, and unlike most synths because it's so simple (once you understand how it works -- it could do with a signal flow diagram in the manual somewhere, i didn't see that anywhere) you can VERY quickly use them as bases for your own sounds. i'm having quite a lot of instant gratification kind of fun with this animal. i'm stunned at how much diversity is coming out of something with such a limited sound architecture in comparison to other more complex synths.

for me there are just the right amount of controls, and i love the ease of setting up modulation. i'm still learning it but so far i've been able to create some amazing sounds. it's due to the high quality of the unison, nice effects and gorgeous filter, i cant take any credit for it myself :)

the only quirky bit to this thing is the clipping that i've experienced, and since i've been trying it in tracktion2 i haven't had that happen once, so it could be cantabile to blame i dont know.

the UI is a work of art. excellent balance of color and contrast. the text doesn't appear fuzzy to me at all, but then i run on a lcd flatpanel and wear strong prescription glasses :)

instantly legendary imo. for $49, you would be a total moron not to jump on this synth. this thing sounds better than vanguard and superwave by a country mile imo, without even using ANY reverb effect, it sounds great. i mention these two because it seems closest to them. poizone beats the tar out of em imo.

i'm throwing my copy of superwave into the trash now and never looking back.

maxx: you hit a homerun with this one man! :love:

PoiZone is /very/ cool. well done!

Glad you like the presets grymm. ;) Everybody did a great job on'em.

Very pleased with your revelations about the synthesizer its self as well. I love Poizone...the Image-Line/Maxx Claster partnership is going to make Image-Line customers very powerful.

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

i must admit it sounds really nice :)

i perhaps need to dig a little deeper, because it didn't seem all that flexible to me...

i'll have another look.

i was surprised though, that they chose to release something like this. There are just so damn many subtractive VAs with gates :lol: but hey, that's not a criticism - maybe there can't be too many! (so don't grump at me, chopper! :P)
i was just surprised, that's all.
like i say, though, it does sound really nice.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

I love Poizone...the Image-Line/Maxx Claster partnership is going to make Image-Line customers very powerful.
Absolutely - the UI is extremely intuitive and well laid out. As mentioned above, very easy to read the front panel and the controls are logical and smooooth!

The general operation and behavior of PoiZone seems more refined and elegant when compared to others, especially in the way it maintains its' focus on patch selection after tweaking parameter settings whilst using T2.

Home run indeed - clean out of the park!

I feel a bit sheepish but can anyone point me to the purchase link? I went to Image Line this morning and all I saw was a greyed-out purchase button for $99. Was I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!

mayan wrote:I feel a bit sheepish but can anyone point me to the purchase link? I went to Image Line this morning and all I saw was a greyed-out purchase button for $99. Was I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!
Start here and follow along. The $49 price shows up where you check boxes for what you want to buy.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Poizone is my favorite synth at the moment :tu:

Thanks...eduardo_b, you have illuminated the golden path.

eduardo_b wrote:
mayan wrote:I feel a bit sheepish but can anyone point me to the purchase link? I went to Image Line this morning and all I saw was a greyed-out purchase button for $99. Was I looking in the wrong place? Thanks!
Start here and follow along. The $49 price shows up where you check boxes for what you want to buy.
This is killing me, but I've got the same problem. I'm a repeat customer and I followed your link, but nothing happens (there's still a red notice saying orders won't be processed until Tuesday). I can't seem to get to the purchase checklist from the MY FL STUDIO page either. Is there a problem with the order page? Can anyone help me? I'd really like to buy this synth.

BTW, I'm using Firefox. Could this be the problem?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
BTW, I'm using Firefox. Could this be the problem?

-B
yes! i can't access the shop with firefox too, but IE works fine!

firefox 2.01 I believe is known not to work on their site? Try IE, perhaps

BERFAB wrote:BTW, I'm using Firefox. Could this be the problem?

Thanks
-B
I use Opera and had no problem ordering Poizone using that link. Sorry, I don't know what the issue might be.
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

When I have problems like that with Firefox, I use the IE Tab extension. You stay in Firefox, but use the IE renderer.

Pretty stupid for them to not take the money from people who have Firefox, though. Nitwits.

grymmjack wrote:the UI is a work of art. excellent balance of color and contrast. the text doesn't appear fuzzy to me at all, but then i run on a lcd flatpanel and wear strong prescription glasses :)

Looks familiar to me

mistertoast wrote:When I have problems like that with Firefox, I use the IE Tab extension. You stay in Firefox, but use the IE renderer.

Pretty stupid for them to not take the money from people who have Firefox, though. Nitwits.
I'm glad you said that. If you make your living from designing and selling cutting edge software, I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to use Firefox to download it.

How do I access the IE Tab extension?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Image Line”