ToxicIII 1.4 released

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes if anybody else has the same problem, these are the steps I did to fix it:

1. Go into Regedit

2. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Image-Line/

3. Create a 'Key' value, inside the above mentioned sub folder, called "ToxicIII" - done on the left view by right clicking!

...You should now have a new path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Image-Line/ToxicIII". Enter it by clicking on it once.

4. Once that is complete, right click on the right-side view and create a 'String' value. Call it "rootFolder". Press enter to confirm name.

5. Double-click on "rootFolder" and a small window should pop-up. Enter into whe window the Root directory/folder of your Toxic III install.

With this, Toxic III doesn't have to be installed into the VST directory itself, IMO that along with other companies' same kinda installations makes for a far too messy VST folder. Which should be sleek and organised.

So now there is no need to re-install, for those that have already installed the new version 1.4.

Happy Holidays ALL!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

I bought Toxic over Christmas, and am very pleased with it. I can't, however, load a custom osc wav. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried samples from the FL Studio packs, my own samples, but still seemingly no effect. The help file's a little terse as well, so I've no clue what I'm doing wrong!

When I load a wav (e.g. chimes from the Windows\Media folder) I get what sounds like a very tiny portion of the sample. Is this correct? I was rather assuming it would use the entire sample as a sound source rather than a 0.2 second segment of it.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Dene

You got it right.
That's what I thought when I first bought Toxic but unfortunately it just takes a small portion of the audio file and loops it.
In the manual there is no reference about the length that is being imported so it is very difficult to import exactly what you want inside Toxic.
Lots of times i find myself cutting and pasting waveforms in order to get the prefered portion of the wave file.
I think the manual is really primitive for the stuff that Toxic can do.

Cheers
Kyros

I'd love some more detailed information regarding the wav import, i.e. sample rate, mono/stereo? how many samples are used etc...

Shif.
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

How unfortuate. That really limits what I had planned for this VST. It has a lovely rich sound, but the 'import wav' feature was the main reason I bought it over several others. My fault for impatience, I suppose.

I think a quick visit to 'feature requests' is required!

Dene
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

I'd like to know more about the sample osc option too... does it work like the implementation in Octopus? (I ask because Maxx designed both of these synths)

FWIW, I've found Toxic's wave loading to work very well -- but the only things i've ever tried loading into it are tiny "single cycle" style samples. I think that's all it's really designed for.

You can try the demo pack of Architecture Universal Waveforms or the samples from fr4ncesco's Muz3uM expansion for z3ta+. They all load with no problems for me.

reflex wrote:We're pleased to announce the release of ToxicIII version 1.4 for both Windows and MacOS X. It can be downloaded in the My FL Studio section of www.flstudio.com (for registered users) and at www.image-line.com (demo version).
I'm a registered user and I can't find the download. How, exactly. do you get to it. Also, is there a manual or user guide that is more comprehensive than the .pdf help file?

mosspa wrote:I'm a registered user and I can't find the download. How, exactly. do you get to it.
When you go to the My FL Studio page (http://my.flstudio.com), you have to enter the username and password you received from us, to log in. Once you're logged in, the download will appear on the left side of the My FL Studio page. Click on the link to download.

Don't forget to run the regcode that you're prompted to download when you log in. That's what turns the demo version into a registered version (on Windows anyway).
Also, is there a manual or user guide that is more comprehensive than the .pdf help file?
No, that's it.

Return to “Image Line”