ToxicIII 1.4 released

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THanks! Optimizing FX is one of my plans for next update.
Author and support for ToxicIII, Morphine and PoiZone VSTi's.

I just upgraded to 1.4 (XP) and like what I hear. I'm having a bit of a problem with the presets though. It seems that every time I now activate Toxic III, I have to manually import the default preset bank to get to the presets. In the last version, it automatically had the preset bank loaded. Did I do something wrong when I upgraded? How do I get it to hang onto the preset bank?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:It seems that every time I now activate Toxic III, I have to manually import the default preset bank to get to the presets. In the last version, it automatically had the preset bank loaded. Did I do something wrong when I upgraded? How do I get it to hang onto the preset bank?
What host are you using it with?

Here the default bank is loaded together with the plugin.

I just upgraded to 1.4 (XP) and like what I hear. I'm having a bit of a problem with the presets though. It seems that every time I now activate Toxic III, I have to manually import the default preset bank to get to the presets. In the last version, it automatically had the preset bank loaded. Did I do something wrong when I upgraded? How do I get it to hang onto the preset bank?

Thanks
-B
You probably did it already - but anyway, try to reinstall. If it doesn't fix, please give me some info: I need to know what's written in your registry, it must be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Image-Line/ToxicIII/... and there a string "rootFolder" inside.

It can present also in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, the same record (it depends on your admin rights if LOCAL_MACHINE or CURRENT_USER records written).

There is a path for ToxicIII folder on your HD. If you see that folder is correct, then please check if default.fxb exists in "banks" folder inside "ToxicIII" folder.

stupid question
i have tox iii but how do i update :)
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

Maxx Claster wrote:

Thanks
-B
You probably did it already - but anyway, try to reinstall. If it doesn't fix, please give me some info: I need to know what's written in your registry, it must be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Image-Line/ToxicIII/... and there a string "rootFolder" inside.

It can present also in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, the same record (it depends on your admin rights if LOCAL_MACHINE or CURRENT_USER records written).

There is a path for ToxicIII folder on your HD. If you see that folder is correct, then please check if default.fxb exists in "banks" folder inside "ToxicIII" folder.
I didn't try to re-install yet, and won't be able to check my registry info until much later today.

What I did was take the old 1.3 .dll out of my vst folder and put the new 1.4 folder containing the new .dll and the folder containing the default preset bank there in its place.

Cubase 4 has no trouble recognizing Toxic, but like I said, it keeps coming up empty until I manually import the default bank.

I also tried this with Phrazor with the same results.

Thanks for the help.

-B
Berfab

Try reinstalling it, in that case.

reflex wrote:Try reinstalling it, in that case.
Should I be uninstalling all previous versions before the install?
Berfab

That's not necessary, but you can try it if it still doesn't work after a reinstall.

Btw, where exactly do you install ToxicIII?

reflex wrote:That's not necessary, but you can try it if it still doesn't work after a reinstall.

Btw, where exactly do you install ToxicIII?
Not sure. My usual practice is to allow a folder set up on my C drive when prompted, and then to have the .dll dropped into the Cubase 4 VST folder. I can't recall if the install asked me to do this though (it was late, I was tired, etc.)

I don't mind doing an uninstall of the old versions before a clean new install. But I do have a concern that my old projects may not recognize the new presets. Will I lose the old preset bank if I do that?

I guess a better question should be this: Is the .dll file the ONLY thing that should be going into the VST folder? Should everything else (readme, presets, whathaveyou) be going into the program file on the C drive?

And I assume a new reg key isn't necessary, right?

Thanks
-B
Berfab

The ToxicIII installer suggests installing into a subfolder of your VST plugin folder. It'll put its help file, the plugin dll and the default bank there. Usually if you don't change any path in the installer, it should be fine.

You won't lose old presets.

reflex wrote:The ToxicIII installer suggests installing into a subfolder of your VST plugin folder. It'll put its help file, the plugin dll and the default bank there. Usually if you don't change any path in the installer, it should be fine.

You won't lose old presets.
I won't lose old presets if I uninstall? Or if I just re-install the 1.4?

Thanks for your patience, reflex.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

BERFAB wrote:I won't lose old presets if I uninstall? Or if I just re-install the 1.4?
Indeed. The uninstall only removes files that it installed itself, a reinstall won't delete any files (just add its own).

reflex wrote:
BERFAB wrote:I won't lose old presets if I uninstall? Or if I just re-install the 1.4?
Indeed. The uninstall only removes files that it installed itself, a reinstall won't delete any files (just add its own).
Sorry, but it was an either/or question (poorly worded). :D Simply: Do I uninstall, or just re-install?

Thanks
-B
Berfab

I'd just reinstall.

Return to “Image Line”