ToxicIII 1.4 released

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're pleased to announce the release of ToxicIII version 1.4 for both Windows and MacOS X. It can be downloaded in the My FL Studio section of www.flstudio.com (for registered users) and at www.image-line.com (demo version).

Note that the MacOS X version will have to be registered again.

Changes
- fixed denormals on some Intel systems
- removed clicks in some hosts
- banks are now saved in a compressed format, saving space
- 36 new presets added
- no more external wave files
Last edited by reflex on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

well i didn't had to re-Activate my reg though i didn't installed toxic since my last disk format
and the plugin run in normal mode !!
i think once again you have made an error in the install
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

hum maybe it is because i have dowloaded directly on "my fl studio" :roll: :lol:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Vonbrucken wrote:well i didn't had to re-Activate my reg though i didn't installed toxic since my last disk format
and the plugin run in normal mode !!
i think once again you have made an error in the install
The Windows or the OSX version? Only the OSX version needs to be re-registered.

reflex wrote:- no more external wave files
That sounds to me more like a SERIOUS downgrade...

I guess you mean external wave files import - no panic, it's still there :P Just big 16 meg (hidden) files are removed. Those were pre-calculated standard Toxic waves, so Toxic will take 16 mb smaller size on your HD, that's it.

Ah, perfect!

Okay, that makes much more sense.

Maxx Claster wrote:
I guess you mean external wave files import - no panic, it's still there :P Just big 16 meg (hidden) files are removed. Those were pre-calculated standard Toxic waves, so Toxic will take 16 mb smaller size on your HD, that's it.
You might want to reword the description then:

*WAV soundset is now built into the plugin*

sounds better than what you had, I too thought that it meant no more importing WAVs, and it was a plugin I've been looking at buying. :)
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Hey Maxx.Nice update.
I think the CPU usage is handled better, maybe because if the denormalisation.
The fxb's are now significally less than before.
I can also see that you've put some drum presets as well.Nice.

One problem though is the right click on values.
I am using EXT and right click doesn't recall any more the default value in a parameter.Did you accidentaly wipe this out or was this done on purpose.
I miss this feature.

Cheers
Kyros

What are the new 36 presets?

Thanks for the upgrade, Maxx. Toxic continues to be one of my favorites.

David
www.davidlinn.com

Maxx how can you take a 16MB plugin and squash it down to 970Kb, can you explain that in more detail?
What was in those hidden file?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

What are the new 36 presets?
They are spread among standard ones... checkout PlayItSlow sequence btw. One of my favourite. But sounds well only if you have about 90 bpm or smaller in your track ;-)

Maxx how can you take a 16MB plugin and squash it down to 970Kb, can you explain that in more detail?
What was in those hidden file?
I used voodoo magic :shock: :P

Seriously - I just improved code so it now calculates stuff on the fly. Toxic waves include lots of spectrum info (it's necessary to make it sound good on all frequencies), and now I made the code which calculates it quickly, rather then loads it from HD. It was... "waves" folder in previous update. If it still presets on your HD - you may delete it with no damage to ToxicIII.

Also, I used pretty tricky data compression on presets, so it takes 10 times smaller space on 99.99% patches.

There is no quality loss of any kind, if you may worry about it...

Maxx, next time around you might have a look at optimising the FX so they don't eat CPU when there's no sound being produced (I know it's tricky!)

I'm building a new system and running some tests on my old one.

Basically I just opened FL Studio and added 10 instances of Toxic III as channels (the default Age of Fear PAD)

With Chorus, EQ and Delay ON it uses about 45% of CPU when it's not doing anything.

With the FX switched OFF the CPU goes down to about 16% on average.

I'm measuring the CPU with Windows Task Manager.

I know gol put in "Smart Disable for All Effects" but I don't think this works on FX built in to the VST.

All the same - thanks for one of the best Synths around!

Return to “Image Line”