Any new synths cooking at Image Line?

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, since you already know about it, I think IL guys won't kill me if I comment it a lil... :P

I like this PoiZone synth, have done some tunes with it, I personally like it. It's not FM... I should stop making FM synths as I already made a lot ;-). The idea was to make a simple in use, but fat sounding synth for trancers/ravers/electronic musicians. It has features which are usual for trance, and the core is filter, which in my opinion sounds pretty unique and has it's character - it sounds pretty bright and "transparent" on higher frequencies, it's not as boring as Prophet filter, and don't have such bloody distortion like Korg filters. Something in-beetwen. You can make vox-like sounding presets with this filter also, with some tricks. And, as one of filter "character" features - you can make a saw close to Benassy one with filter highpass mode (that cool pumping bass saw, I should admit Benassy guy impressed me a lot... ;-) ).

Tim and Frank (ToTc) have done great job making patches for it, also there are some presets from me (not that much, most presets done by TC/ToTc).

CPU is okay, not too big not too small. Takes a bit smaller CPU time than many similar synths though... UI is looking cool, though it looks not so usual for my synths, it's done in 3d completely (not by me, it external designer have done it).

And... speaking about future, else one synth is coming, a big one. And it has "destructive" name as well... ;-) give me about a month to preset it to ya ;-)

I don't know anything about the guy, but I suspect he's Russian. His synths are brilliant. Maybe there's more than one person. Tell me if you know...
I'm russian and I'm.... a one ;-)

Thanks for the info. I must be blind because I've not seen it in the IL newsletters. Neither did I find any screenshots on flstudio.com in a quick search, but the site is so big and I'm not going to spend all day clicking thru all the pages so... Gol is not involved in the development of the two synths? He did a fantastic job on Sytrus.
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

Gol is not involved in the development of the two synths? He did a fantastic job on Sytrus.
yeah, Sytrus is cool... but synths where there is label "Made by Maxx Claster" are done only by me, no other people involved.

Maxx, I noticed a www.toxiciii.com link on the website can you let us know when it's going live??

Maxx Claster wrote:And... speaking about future, else one synth is coming, a big one. And it has "destructive" name as well... ;-) give me about a month to preset it to ya ;-)
I always thought Chernobyl would be a good destructive synth name but maybe a bit close to home eh? :)

Also, Chernobyl is too easily associated with vaporware... it may never appear. :P

Poizone will go into public beta pretty soon on Looptalk for all registered FL users and should be release arround XMas.

Here are 2 shots of it :

Although there may be some overlapping with our other products
(like Sytrus, SimSynth, Wasp, Toxic III, ...) our cooperation with
Maxx allows us to experiment with the Mac/OSX side of the business.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

I always thought Chernobyl would be a good destructive synth name but maybe a bit close to home eh?
Could be a great name for Toxic soundset... ToTc? :) :shock:

Not that close. Don't forget Russia is freaking huge, and Chernobyl is not Russia at all, it's Ukraine. Chernobyl is as far from me as as Spain from Finland... :roll:

Thanks for the screenshot, JMC. PoiZone (that name brings to mind Boy Zone :shock:) looks rather basic. What osc waveforms are available? Is the PWM only for pulse waves? It seems you can't make one of the oscs bypass the filter?
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

Maxx Claster wrote:
I always thought Chernobyl would be a good destructive synth name but maybe a bit close to home eh?
Could be a great name for Toxic soundset... ToTc? :) :shock:

Not that close. Don't forget Russia is freaking huge, and Chernobyl is not Russia at all, it's Ukraine. Chernobyl is as far from me as as Spain from Finland... :roll:
I didn't exactly mean in a geographical sense ;)

No matter if features are basic or not, it matters how features are implemented. ;-)

It allows saw/pulse waves.
Author and support for ToxicIII, Morphine and PoiZone VSTi's.

JMC wrote: Image
that is one bad font and a handful of sliders away from being a kILLER synth :hihi:

<edit>-I'm excited for it. Imageline continually offers great products to it's customers and a straightforward electric/trancey synth makes sense. Sytrus, while easy to program for those sounds, is intimidating.
Last edited by ouroboros on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
..what goes around comes around..

Well it does look nice and simple to me. I would like it just as is today :hihi:

I like the look of Poizone, it seems that anything Maxx doe's is always a good thing ;)
Take a look at LinPlugs Octopus! and Toxic both FM but both very different! 8)

Return to “Image Line”