It Gets Even f**king Worse!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:Is it legal for a company like ReFx to deny support to certain customers simply based on those customers's opinions? I don't know I'm asking. I own Vanguard but don't dare to register at ReFx because of the personal battles Kleps and I have had. :shrug:
... would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

i mean, deleting posts that are off-topic or trolling on their forums i can understand, but banning PAYING customers when they didn't do anything on refx own forums? that's just downright wrong.

i've long decided not to buy from refx. to me it's just not worth the money to buy something okay that never gets a decent update. e.g. quadrasid still doesn't publish vst parameters. afaik, at least, and when asked all we got was something along the lines of 'use midi cc, don't feel like doing it' ... :shrug:

(my first post in these threads...)

jens wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Is it legal for a company like ReFx to deny support to certain customers
that depends on whether the support is free service or part of the actual product. Usually the first is the case. If so they don't have any obligation to give you support at all, hence they aren't legally obliged to give you a valid reason (or any reaosn at all) for not giving you support anymore even if they continue to support other customers.

They could as well say that they've seen a photograph of your face and didn't like it so they won't give you any further customer support.
are you sure that they don't even have some kind of obligation to offer support kind of like a warranty for everything else that you buy in stores? i mean, he's got his business in germany, everything else has a warranty/support and an obligation to supply something that is useable and has some level of quality. if they said 'works with fl studio' and it didn't, wouldn't they have an obligation to support their product?
maybe you're right, though, don't really know. :shrug:

I don't like censorship either.
But i think it's sad that people around here can't even discuss a piece of software in a respectful manner.

I remember KVR being a place of exchanging information and knowledge more than anything a few years ago, and it still got along well with some jokes and offtopic comments.
Now it seems to be mostly noise.

And those threads didn't do anything but adding more noise, even though the people who started them did intend something else.

Deleting them sure wasn't a great idea, but imo there wasn't any real information censored.

Strange that such a piece of software, wich sure isn't revolutionary and has more or less been made years ago, can cause such outrage...

KVR isn't the same as it used to be...

:hihi:

I remember when it was called kvr-vst...

this thread still here?

DSP

jens wrote: They could as well say that they've seen a photograph of your face and didn't like it so they won't give you any further customer support.
Well THAT I could understand. :hihi:

fabi wrote: i mean, he's got his business in germany, everything else has a warranty/support and an obligation to supply something that is useable and has some level of quality. if they said 'works with fl studio' and it didn't, wouldn't they have an obligation to support their product?

with software it's usually a bit different - the license typically states that the software comes 'as is'. :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Minimoose wrote:I remember KVR being a place of exchanging information and knowledge more than anything a few years ago, and it still got along well with some jokes and offtopic comments.
Now it seems to be mostly noise.
What are you talking about? KVR's always been a shithole.

^_^
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote:What are you talking about? KVR's always been a shithole.
^_^
Well, since you turned up, yeah...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Ildon wrote:What are you talking about? KVR's always been a shithole.
^_^
Well, since you turned up, yeah...
I know, my influence over KVR is just that great.
Mizutaphile.

I remember when Ben was born..

:hihi:

jens wrote:
Muff Wiggler wrote:
this place is just over-the-top ridiculous sometimes.
indeed- but none of your posts made it any better - quite the contrary if you ask me.
not that i am talking, but this has been trues even for years of me doing lurking.

Way to go mods, at KVR and reFX.
Finally standing up to the axxholes.

If negativity against $20 skins and a product they've never tried, on a moderated, paid for forum, yields such feelings of "i have all the rights in the world to bash this", then i say good riddance. Ban the hell out of them. Let them scream censorship and freedom of speech until they choke or smarten up.

Funny how cases like this always seems to involve the same kind of people.
:roll:
History is full of two kinds of people.

Cryogenic wrote:Ban the hell out of them.

Wanna make a bet on who out of the two of us will get banned first? :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

So the main points currently are

1, A developer designs a plug that takes skins - nothing new in that

2, the developer can charge for these skins as extras - maybe the first to split the cost of skins as a separate entity, rather than costing it into the plug.

3, some wont like it - some will

4, the developer will know if or not charging for skins is a good idea based on, if or not he sells any.

5, an outcry from some potential customers - and non-potential customers - nothing new in that

6, a sub topic from the first topic (see no1) about threads being deleted, locked, edited, and possible end of the world censorship - nothing new in that.

7, eventually gets boring, everyone goes home

8, next topic or sub topic, possible moving of this tread to hpc or locked

9, possible new thread based on no1 or no6 or no8 for those that just discovered no1 based around no2 or cannot find thread from no6 or no8

10, a sign of madness is repeating the same thing over and over :hihi:

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Return to “Site Stuff”