PLEASE stop deleting every thread about Nexus

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

shamann wrote:
Teksonik wrote:But seriously, I don't think I've ever seen such.....Passion? about a subject at KVR as Nexus is generating.
This is nothing. You should have seen the place when Vanguard was released. Yikes!
I love Vanguard. :D and you can get for 70 bucks right now, good deal imo
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

At least to those who're... nevermind.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Benedict wrote:I think that the debate over Nexus has seemed rather one eyed and harsh and, much as I am against censorship, some culling may well have been appropriate.

The synth sounds great, looks good and I'm sure that it has a market.

I think that some ppl need to stop and think about how their opinions (read as rants, flaming, bitching etc) affect others. Mr reFx is trying to make a living from this and needlessly negative comments just put off potential customers. How would you like someone taking money from your poket? Not much, thought so.

Bottom line is that there is a product for everyne but not necessarily everyone for the one product. So if it doesn't suit you then just keep walking. Your absense of order will tell the maker plenty. Your reasons for not parting with cash will be of interest and may bring about change. If reFx want to charge for skins but you don't want to pay then don't. If reFx want you have skins they will change their policy. If you want the skins you will change yours. No one benefits from nastiness.

Before posting, perhaps we could all think: how will this affect others, will it damage them, will it make me look like an ass in 2 days time???

I wish reFx the best with Nexus and hope the rest of us can do the same.
it was never my intention to hurt his feelings, his pocketbook, his rep, or otherwise. i was simply shocked to learn someone exploited skins for monetary compensation, something that has always been free and offered as a generous bonus/feature. i also was a little jealous because when i learned not only was it pay-per-skin, it was off limits to me, and i'd have been much more about buying nexus if i could get my own clothes on it, etc. i dont doubt the sounds are great. that was never a concern.

i feel somewhat responsible for this skin thing going haywire since i was one of the first to bitch about it, but i didn't mean any harm, and still dont.

i've already tried to right things after my 'run-in' with him, and it doesn't seem to have worked.

oh well.

i'm waving the white flag of surrender..i was misunderstood as an enemy or attacker, and then when i tried to make things better it made them worse, then i lost my patience and swung back but i wouldn't say i swung first. but it doesn't matter anymore anyway. i'm mature enough to understand that now is not the time to justify my past actions..

if i was wrong at first, i was ignorant to it and my intention wasn't to be wrong. if i was wrong in the middle, i apologize for losing my temper. if i'm wrong now for trying to clear the air about it to benedicts credit/prompting, well atleast i gave it a shot.

i wish mike luck and dont harbor any resentment for mike or his users or fans. finally, just for the record i do not own any refx products so i'm not motivated to say these things for any reason other than i feel it is right in my heart.

Grym that is nice

I didn't specifically mean (or even read) any of your posts.

I have seen a heap of these "be nasty about Nexus" posts and while they caused me to look at the synth they also made me sad and angry.

Hopefully now ppl can start to look at what seems a rather impressive instrument package on it's own merits.

For my part I'm not really a fan of Preset type instruments but listening to the demos made me think that if I were making music (instead of VSTs) then I would be very interested in Nexus. I thought the sound had a lot of that immediate glossy "wow" that Roland always had in their synths like JV 1080 etc.

On the skin thing. $ per skin is a bit unusual but I guess it is/was worth a go. I would think that a $ per skin program should be micro-transactions like $1 or users just wouldn't go for it. So far I think the skins aren't as good as the standard one so...

:)

ATS wrote:
shamann wrote:
Teksonik wrote:But seriously, I don't think I've ever seen such.....Passion? about a subject at KVR as Nexus is generating.
This is nothing. You should have seen the place when Vanguard was released. Yikes!
cantyou buy it from the markus instead of the refx? Better to supporting them say.

alexibm wrote:
KVRaudio is privately owned business and 45 topics about how nexus is bad...one to many.
zircon wrote:But so far there have been FIVE threads by my count, and three currently exist now.
So... If we count the deleted threads as well, it's still 39 to go.

On topic (if such a thing exists in Hyde Park Corner anyway) if find both the excessive bashing and the excessive censorship sucky.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

and another bump

shamann wrote:
\

Ohh I was here for that and it was NOTHING like this.

ohmygawd, have you seen that refx charge 20 (twenty) bucks for skins which basically are a 10sec modification of the colorsheme?

and one of those shemes even hasn't been modified properly, there still are red blotches which should be yellow :nutter:
Last edited by dr. orange v2.0 on Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

ATS wrote:
shamann wrote:
Vanguard is a pretty good program, with a lot of third-party presets (some at sensible prices, including most of the ReFX ones).

Beast is pretty good. Slayer is good. I think PlastiCZ is an underrated synth.

I have nothing against the guy's products at all...except Nexus, which I think is crazily overpriced, and ... but screw it, we've been there.

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

I just don't get when expressing an opinion has become a crime at KVR. Is someone not allowed to say "I think it's overpriced"? Is someone not allowed to say "charging for skins is not cool"? Maybe all this shit got carried away, but if the product is good it will stand on it's own. Michael is very talented and I own several of his products, but he has no business participating in a forum because he doesn't have the skin for it and he doesn't take criticism well.

And to the moderators...please be consistent. If you're going to moderate "bad behaviour" than do it all the time, not just in this instance. You guys have set a high standard for yourselves. Now anytime someone feels abused they will reference this situation and expect you to act in the same manner.

The majority of the refx synth's was made by markus from Tone2....no ?

hahaha, thinking of michael, I conclude that there actually ARE people unable for relatinships in this world

tekalo wrote:The majority of the refx synth's was made by markus from Tone2....no ?
I know he had allot to do with it and judging by fliterbank2 and firebird I bet it was most of it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

that's why he can do a simple rompler :hihi:

Return to “Site Stuff”