Timestretch in DirectWave?

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is this the right place to ask questions about Directwave nowadays? It's quite confusing who really stands behind this product. Is it Image Line, FL or Arguru?

Anyways, I think Directwave is the best VST sampler I've tested, however, it's not the most complete though. I'd love a timestretch function! Even though I use Sound Forge for drastic timestretching, it would be nice to be able to fine tune the stretch in the VSTi.

Is this something that might appear in Directwave?

Cheers

//m@tte

Yea, it's something I want to add to DW (experimenting with own-made timestreching algorithm, granular based basically) but you'll have still to wait a bit =), we're finishing a new project and atm i'm quite focused at it.

Btw, IL forums is the right place to ask.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

Argu: we've got zPlane stuff that you can use (unless there's something against this in the license agreement, check with jmc).

Wow, I couldn't have expected a more positive answer. Cheers!
A T/S function is all that's keeping me on NI stuff at the moment.

Can't wait.

//m@tte

Confirmed: next DW version will have a zone timestretching mode function.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

yeah !!!
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

w00t :D

zPlane I take it ???
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Drirect wave will kick ass with all that including the nki and nkm full support due to fl studio 7 release :D
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

:-o great news 8)

Not zplane, own algorithm at the moment as it's easier to integrate with DW voice engine, but'll see.

Wow I hope it can compete with zplane which is IMO the best algo I've heard (in elastique anyway) :)

arguru wrote:Confirmed: next DW version will have a zone timestretching mode function.
Great! Can't wait! Dare I ask what the estimate time of release is?

cheers

//m@tte
Project M, MA Productions

Hey, if DW gets some of the sample-mangling granular/timestrech of the regular FL Sampler (plus pogo ;-)), I might be tempted to put my money down on DW...

Oooh, and throw in routing options to the granular settings. I can already FSU in Kontakt, but the granular engine sucks... I hope the next version of DW can do some twisted stuff with granular with a better sound than kontakt.

ATA

m@tte wrote:
arguru wrote:Confirmed: next DW version will have a zone timestretching mode function.
Great! Can't wait! Dare I ask what the estimate time of release is?

cheers

//m@tte
Shouldnt take too much. Timestretching is already done but there's some more minor stuff I have to add.

yay ! :-)

Return to “Image Line”