Question about Waves multiband and linear phase eq

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a place for these plugins as I also have for self mastering an alan smart c3 compressor, avalon 2055 eq, finalizer 96k, a pair of distressors (which I'm still not sure where these will go. I hate to use a $1300 box just for one instrument) Would that just be redundant or icing on the cake with it's own purpose aside from what I already have? These would be the last 2 major pieces for my little studio...for now. thoughts?

Sounds like you've got some fantastic hardware, there, mate! If you can afford it, it never hurts to have onboard as well as outboard, IMO.

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

dblock try buzzroom's BuzComp CP5 its a multiband linear phase with 5 bands. Its only cost about $50 and wont hurt to try the demo before spending $1300 on the waves one.

dblock wrote:Is there a place for these plugins as I also have for self mastering an alan smart c3 compressor, avalon 2055 eq, finalizer 96k, a pair of distressors (which I'm still not sure where these will go. I hate to use a $1300 box just for one instrument) Would that just be redundant or icing on the cake with it's own purpose aside from what I already have? These would be the last 2 major pieces for my little studio...for now. thoughts?
Only you can truly answer this question. We all have different needs so some people have one compressor some have 5 some have none, but each has what they need according to there way of making music and personal music philosophy, likewise with eq's. I myself far as software goes have about 7 or 8 very good compressors when i add up the two voxengos, two great uad's and so on, and i would'nt give up neither one and love them all dearly. And i love what each contributes to my music.So naturally i can't tell you you do or don't need the waves because i don't know if that flavor will go good on your music in a way that adds characterics your other compressors don't add that are needed to turn out some tracks. Or vst software may offer you a convenience your hardwar don't offer at times. In the end you have to asses your personal music wants and needs, and know how you plan to make music.Just don't go spending without knowing your music needs.

Watto wrote:Sounds like you've got some fantastic hardware, there, mate! If you can afford it, it never hurts to have onboard as well as outboard, IMO.

:)
Thanks Watto. It took years to accunulate a pice here and there but now I need to catch up knowledge wise to really get my moneys worth.

Lee702 wrote:dblock try buzzroom's BuzComp CP5 its a multiband linear phase with 5 bands. Its only cost about $50 and wont hurt to try the demo before spending $1300 on the waves one.
I'm always up for trying new different and less expensive stuff. Thanks Lee702.

In the end you have to asses your personal music wants and needs, and know how you plan to make music.Just don't go spending without knowing your music needs.[/quote]

Your point is well taken.I guess what I was trying to gather is if there was a logical use that anyone that had this stuff would say, yeah, that would go right before mastering on the hardware or something. That is to say, I was wondering if there was a strategic place for this additional software answer from anyone who could visualize this equipment mapped out from recording to master.

check out gearslutz.com mastering forum or maybe recording music forum alot of pros there

Wow! Very cool sight. Thanks

Return to “Effects”