Elevayta Space Boy (and others) - opinions wanted

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Space Boy wrote: BTW, I'm considering to add the feature of allowing custom parameter names in a future release.
:tu:
Space Boy wrote: Where can I find an example of a VST GUI that you have designed?
I was pretty much just joking. I don't really have the free time to take on any projects at the moment. I'm finding that being a parent pretty much consumes every free minute I have... and we're expecting another baby in 3 months!:help: But in answer to your question, I haven't designed any VST GUIs. I've been working as a graphic designer/motion graphics artist/3D animator/video editor/multimedia programmer full time for the past 17 years. I've done everything from international magazine ads to t-shirts to GUIs to web sites to video games to national TV commercials, and everything in between. Not trying to sound boastful, it's simply what I do for a living...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Space Boy wrote:BTW, I'm considering to add the feature of allowing custom parameter names in a future release.
This is great news. :) If you could add tooltips, it would be just about perfect. And maybe the on/off and tx/rw switches could be integrated with the indicators (as I explained earlier).

I don't really need anything more in the "eye candy" department. Many plugin makers try to make their GUIs to look like physical objects, usually old analog devices, but SpaceBoy is so unlike any hardware device, it would be quite pointless to make it look like rusty metal or something. Look at Antares Auto-tune, it's doing just fine even though the GUI isn't "photorealistic". I think the old 2D black-and-white versions were even better.

Return to “Effects”