VAZ mod users :stand and be counted!!:

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heh, I've just found the way to automate vaz inside live using clip envelopes :)

But still a kind of automation system different from raw midi cc's would be nice.

Actually, I find the MIDI Cc system quite staightforward - Just assign the controllers in VAZ and then use the same controllers in Live. Couldn't be more simple. The only thing I don't like is that some parameters are very sensitive for change (I know that you can use extra modulation slots, but it makes a patch visually *very* complicated.)
Also I'm cravin for the possibility to use 1 automation parameter for several parameters in Vaz. This would be heaven. For this eason I made a Reaktor interface which does the following:

There are (let's say 10) some automations slots - in my Reaktor ensembles they are just Midi Cc's- which can be accessed by Live, Cubase etc...
Each slot has 4 internal slots in Vaz where one can choose the modulated Vaz parameter and the quantity of modulation. (But I reckon it will need some programming - it did with me :))

I hope this makes some sense, I tried to upload my screenshots of the Reaktor interface, but failed miserably. Anyway it does come down to MadGav's idea, but instead of 1 automation slot to 1 parameter, you have 1 automation slot to multiple parameters. This will solve the problem of eg using 2 envelopes with a mixer (and automating the mixer balance)in order to change a complete envelope shape.

I've just uploaded 3.20 beta 7 to the support site, there are some changes to window handling to improve how it works with Wine/Crossover Games.

Martin

:D

heres a question for gav, or any other vazzers who know the answer - there are 2 capture options - plain 'capture' and 'capture sequence'. so i want to be able to bounce down a loop as im still playing a patch, then load it in to the grain oscillator again. thing is, capture sequence does start recording bang on the first note of the sequence when you start the sequencer, but how do i get it to stop recording at the end point? i can set the sequencer/s to song mode, program them to loop just on 1 sequence, but when that is through, the main sequencer is still playing.

so - a long story short - how do i export perfectly trimmed loops?
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

mojogigolo wrote: so - a long story short - how do i export perfectly trimmed loops?
I don't think it's possible. You just have to trim in an audio editor...An off-line render option would be a useful addition.

btw, thx for the latest updates Madgav.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

I have been checking out the EXPLODING app synth scene for iphone/ipod touch and was wondering- what are the chances for adapting plus/2010 into an iVaz app????? that would be pure killage fo sho 8) :D :-o

Hi all, I'm trying to start a feature request discussion in another thread "VAZ Modular feature requests" if you want to join in...

setAI: no comment, but I use a MacBook Pro and I download the iPhone SDK a couple of weeks back.

Martin

edit-forget, not that important(the doubt)..

re automation -

heres a good trick for flstudio users - there are those envelope following plugs - the peak controller. it takes an audio input, and outputs a signal you can hook up via midi and control anything. put a modulation out through the audio outs in vaz in vsti mode, (something mad/complex), send it to the peak controller, (if thats even the name of the thing), then you can use that crazy modulation on any other synth you want. (obviously set the peak controller not to let audio through - you wont want the modulation in your actual final audio signal)

hope that made sense. Trust me, check it out.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

Count me also...

I have been using VAZ modular for over 10 years this year.... :)

K

VAZ is a super synth. A cutting edge soft-synth! I find it inspiring to use as an effect too (with help of live input and envelope follower there's no limits), also i love feedback feature (output of the synth to the input of filter mixer, then play with fader), the filter R module was like a revelation (6 pole, or even 8 pole feature might be a nice addition). Only cpu use concerns me. My computer may get 95% when there's 3 or more instances running, so optimization is a must. Also presets-within-given-setup is a welcome feature, it would be cool add some kind of morph feature (no bother though, it can be done with some work in the modulation section). Also i find that oscillators lack features like skew, that exist in a real oscillators ( look here for pics http://mypeoplepc.com/members/scottnoan ... waveforms/ ), also it might be a good feature to over drive the filter input (to get moog sounds) or to overdrive the osc's out, or to make a new waveshaper module (old one has bad interface). But for what it is - there's no substitute (esp. the grain osc! I cannot thank enough for this module). But for me something like random module (think LP filtered noise with controllable slew rate or like this http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/psycho_lfo.html ) , and maybe a VST insert within a synth (you already have it in the mixer, so make it possible in the synth too!)

I'm thinking now how to make it possible to play live, to program CC's to make some changes or to completely change the sound.

Hi, as far as I am aware you can insert vst's into synths via the vst plugin module, the only bummer is there is no delay compensation, but it works quite well...

For anyone who missed it, there is now a dedicated Vaz synths forum here at KVR:

Vaz Synths
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:For anyone who missed it, there is now a dedicated Vaz synths forum here at KVR:

Vaz Synths
thanks for pointing it out!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Modular Synthesis”