VAZ mod users :stand and be counted!!:

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Winstontaneous wrote: I've Googled & read what little info there is in the help file to no avail. Is this a limitation of the demo, or am I doing something wrong?
Have you tried renaming the .scl extension to .tun?

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote: I've Googled & read what little info there is in the help file to no avail. Is this a limitation of the demo, or am I doing something wrong?
Have you tried renaming the .scl extension to .tun?

Mart.
Thanks, I'll try that. Is that the file extension that VAZ uses for microtuning? There's no mention of it in the help file.

Winstontaneous wrote:Is that the file extension that VAZ uses for microtuning?
Yes, I believe so. They're just simple text files so renaming should work.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:Is that the file extension that VAZ uses for microtuning?
Yes, I believe so. They're just simple text files so renaming should work.

Mart.
Thanks Mart--that did the trick. I exported the Scala scale to .tun and set the sequencer cooking on a LaMonte Young well-tempered scale...Mmmmmm wacky goodness! Think I'm going to take the plunge and buy the full version of VAZ Modular.

Is this the place for bug reports/feature requests? The VAZ demo DXi plugin crashes REAPER v2.53 on XP. Works fine as VST/VSTi and standalone.

Hi Winstontaneous,
Winstontaneous wrote:Is this the place for bug reports/feature requests? The VAZ demo DXi plugin crashes REAPER v2.53 on XP. Works fine as VST/VSTi and standalone.
I will see reports here at least... With this one given that DXi is pretty much a dead standard I think I'm better spending time on other things, the official fix being to use the VSTi instead ;) If I get reports concerning a user problem in a host which doesn't support VSTi then it will be dealt with. To all: does such a thing exist any more? Sonar was the main reason for DXi support and has supported VSTi for a long time now.

Martin

Hello all

So it took me long enough and Ive just upgrade to version 3 latest beta so I can use the live input version, but I cannot for the life of me see a way to load banks or patches. I noticed this in the demo but assumed that was the demo limitations. How the heck do I load a patch in the plugin version?
HP Peter Swimm

herr_prof wrote:Hello all

So it took me long enough and Ive just upgrade to version 3 latest beta so I can use the live input version, but I cannot for the life of me see a way to load banks or patches. I noticed this in the demo but assumed that was the demo limitations. How the heck do I load a patch in the plugin version?
In file menu click "new bank"
And after that in file menu click open patch
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

this thread has kicked on long enough, we should get a forum going, ive got literally hundreds of patches for a start. respect to tha vaz massif.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

mojogigolo wrote:this thread has kicked on long enough, we should get a forum going, ive got literally hundreds of patches for a start. respect to tha vaz massif.
Yes, it could really make life better for the users AND Madgav.
The Vaz synths needs more attention because they still beats many if not all other software synths regarding analog sound.

I still haven't found a soft synth with an enevelope / filter combination that sounds so buttery, creamy... bla-bla you name it, nice as the vazzer's

Vaz 2010 has been my main synth since it came out.

Let' get a forum for these GREAT synths ! :pray:
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote:http://flickr.com/photos/toilville/3066620038/

In file menu click "new bank"
And after that in file menu click open patch
Thanks for the reply. I though it would be something like thaqt, but I do not have a file menu in the plugin versions!

http://flickr.com/photos/toilville/3066620038/

Also checked in energyxt2. Standalone has menus, but the plugins do not.

the old 2.5 vaz mod didnt seem to have this problem.
HP Peter Swimm

herr_prof wrote: I though it would be something like that, but I do not have a file menu in the plugin versions!
It's at the base of the Vaz plugin window - In your picture it's off the bottom of the screen. Try scrolling the energyXT window.

Edit: If you find the the vaz plugin window is too large, there is an option in preferences to alter the size.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby- youre the best!

Hopefully my learning isnt stymied by stuff as dumb as my tiny eeepc screen resolution!
HP Peter Swimm

Well, I had my fill of only being able to use the VAZ Modular demo in 20 minute spurts so I ponied up the cash for the full version. The patches on the site are showing me that this synth is even deeper than I suspected.

I'm wondering where the 2^n and n+1 modulation values come from in some of Tim Conrardy's patches? I read some discussion of the possibility of a function module earlier in this thread but I'm not finding one.

(edit: found that they're part of the quant random module)

Sorry for all the noob questions here. I agree with others that a VAZ forum on KVR would be great.

Winstontaneous wrote:Well, I had my fill of only being able to use the VAZ Modular demo in 20 minute spurts so I ponied up the cash for the full version. The patches on the site are showing me that this synth is even deeper than I suspected.

I'm wondering where the 2^n and n+1 modulation values come from in some of Tim Conrardy's patches? I read some discussion of the possibility of a function module earlier in this thread but I'm not finding one.

(edit: found that they're part of the quant random module)

Sorry for all the noob questions here. I agree with others that a VAZ forum on KVR would be great.

That comes from the new module in the latest version which is called QuantRandom which pretty much does what the Buchla Sourse of Uncertainty does. Its a great module! Check out the patches called Source of Uncertainty and Uncertainty cascade of stars in my patch bank. This type of randomness is very musical sounding.

Tim

tconrardy wrote:That comes from the new module in the latest version which is called QuantRandom which pretty much does what the Buchla Sourse of Uncertainty does.
To be precise the QuantRandom module is an emulation of the Quantized Random Voltages section of a Source of Uncertainty (which also has a bunch of other sections!)

Martin

Return to “Modular Synthesis”