ChineeGuzheng and ChineeNanxiao released!

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We have just released two more plugins for our Chinee Series, along with Kong Audio Small Host (a very simple host for live performance purpose, freeware). As all our plugins, they are all sample-based traditional Chinese instruments and are programmed with extraordinary delicacy, to ensure the inspirational enjoyment when one plays with them.

All registered users should have already received their discount offer. Contact us if there's nothing in your mailbox...

ChineeGuzheng(GuZheng, a kind of Chinese zither)

Traditional Chinese zither brought to life at your fingertip.

Rippling, and Dreamy

Guzheng, as one of the most representative Chinese instruments, first appeared around the Warring States period (475 - 221 BC), and then became extremely popular during the Tang Dynasty (618 - 907 AD) and spread to all neighboring areas. Guzheng was originally a rather simple instrument with only five strings. After all the years of evolution, today's Guzheng has 21 strings and is still widely used in all kinds of Chinese music.

Guzheng has a unique, rippling sound character. The playing techniques developed for Guzheng are also unique and distinct, therefore set it apart from any other members in the world's zither family.

ChineeGuzheng's audio demos:

Audio demo 1 (solo) - by HuangZhiQian

Audio demo 2 - by XiongGuangYan

For more info, please visit the link below:

http://www.chineekong.com/chineeguzheng.htm

ChineeNanxiao (the cousin of Japanese Shakuhachi)

The melancholic side of Chinese flutes.

The Melancholic Side of China

Nanxiao (Southern Xiao) is a bamboo flute of the Xiao family. Unlike Dizi, Xiao has no membrane. Nanxiao is mostly popular in the Fujian area of southern China. Like the Japanese Shakuhachi, NanXiao is the offspring of ChiBa and DongXiao from the Tang Dynasty.

Contrary to the upbeat, happy-trigger sound of Dizi, NanXiao has a more solid yet soothing tone that blends into modern music easily.

The sound character of Xiao is of something more saddened, battered, and is filled with a melancholic mood. It represents a lesser-known spirit in Chinese music, and that is why we bring out ChineeNanxiao as a featured product. The role of NanXiao will no doubt be elevated in the music world once it is properly introduced to the composers in the world.

ChineeNanxiao audio demo:

Audio demo - by XiongGuangYan

For more info, please visit the link below:

http://www.chineekong.com/chineenanxiao.htm
Last edited by sosayweall on Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

I haven't received the email discount yet... please send me one, ChineeGuzheng MUST be on my list :)

Thanks,
Kenny.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

OK I can't hold off any longer, I must have all the Kong Audio products, I've been struggling with soundfonts to get the oriental sound I need for some of my commissioned works.

Will there be a bundle deal for all your instruments? These great new ones and the older ones together?

Will there be a group buy?! I think that would be really successful here on KVR, there is not much competition, all those budding non-pro composers we have on here would want in!

Sent again. You probably have to take a look at hotmail's spam basket...;) PM me if you still don't have it.

Just noticed you have all 5 bundled now, that's great.

Any thoughts on a group buy though?

spuddle wrote:Just noticed you have all 5 bundled now, that's great.

Any thoughts on a group buy though?
Hi spuddle, thanks for your interest in our products.

It's not very likely to see us running a groupbuy (but we won't say 'never'). We tend to encourage and reward loyal customers though. ;)

There'll be more plugins coming.

I'm with you, as I can't afford all the plugins yet, I will go for the one I'll find most useful first and then continue to add to my collection as I have the funds for it.

As you say you'll reward the loyal customer so I'll take that approach. Look out for an order from me in the next week or so :)

Hi spuddle, the way we do is that we give existing users a deeper discount for new products. People with all our plugins get the deepest discount.

If you want to get all our plugins at this stage, the best way is to get the bundle deal in one go...

There's a remote chance that we might do some promo discount in the future, but that's not on the horizon yet.

Hehe, trust me I want all your plugins at this stage! Unfortuantely paying for University and buying VSTs don't go well together!

I don't have much choice but to buy each plugin seperately as I can afford it or to wait until after University and I have a job.

That's my problem though and not yours :)

I'm a bit short of funds right now, but I have loved your two free 'mini' VSTs for some time. I can see that the Guzheng in particular is going straight to the top of my 'next buy' list. :love:

The demos are really convincing. It's a rare instrument, and I've only seen a few Sony loops of it before now...

Ideally, I'd buy the whole bundle right now, but ... in due course... :wink:

/funxi
which I'm sure I'm gonna be told means something absolutely ridiculous in Chinese :lol:

funkychickendance wrote:I'm a bit short of funds right now, but I have loved your two free 'mini' VSTs for some time. I can see that the Guzheng in particular is going straight to the top of my 'next buy' list. :love:

The demos are really convincing. It's a rare instrument, and I've only seen a few Sony loops of it before now...

/funxi
which I'm sure I'm gonna be told means something absolutely ridiculous in Chinese :lol:
ChineeGuzheng is very fun to play with indeed. Highly recommanded. :P

And yes, I've been wondering what exactly is "funxi" for sometime... :)

sosayweall wrote:
funkychickendance wrote:I'm a bit short of funds right now, but I have loved your two free 'mini' VSTs for some time. I can see that the Guzheng in particular is going straight to the top of my 'next buy' list. :love:

/funxi
ChineeGuzheng is very fun to play with indeed. Highly recommanded. :P

And yes, I've been wondering what exactly is "funxi" for sometime... :)
I started signing my notes 'fcd' then realized it sounded like 'f**ked'...not that I'm not, you understand...

So, that became 'funx', then 'funxi'... hopefully conveying feng shui and chi as ideas. :shrug: But more likely meaning 'cross-eyed warthog'

Which reminds me of going into my local takeout wearing a 'Hawaiian' shirt of dubious provenance, covered in Chinese ideograms. The woman behind the counter started grinning, and could not be persuaded to tell me what it said...so, into the next yard sale it went... :lol:

/funxi

funkychickendance wrote: Which reminds me of going into my local takeout wearing a 'Hawaiian' shirt of dubious provenance, covered in Chinese ideograms. The woman behind the counter started grinning, and could not be persuaded to tell me what it said...so, into the next yard sale it went... :lol:
:lol:
Sometimes that happens. We see weird Chinese reference in Hollywood movies all the time. Usually some really miserable handwritings hung on the wall or tatooed on someone's arms, something like that.

Just placed my ordered on Guzheng!!! Now there is ONLY 1 INSTRUMENT is missing on my list, don't know if that instrument ever gets to the VSTi version... This is what I'm talking about: Vietnamese Dan Bau - http://www.tienghatquehuong.com/instruments/DanBau.htm

Listen to the demo here: http://www.tienghatquehuong.com/Samples ... LongMe.mp3

I'm listening to the demo as I'm writing this and I just wish some of you please sample it!!!

Kenny.

Kenny, I cannot confirm or deny whether that will come or not. But there'll be new plugins to come, let's wait and see then...;)

Return to “Kong Audio”