CypherOne ---- Remixed ---- Kriminal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I must really be getting old because whilst both are crisp and clear, I have never heard anything so one dimensional and boring in my life. [I probably have but nothing springs to mind right now.] Krim's mix is perhaps slightly less boring but both versions are like a 1 bar loop repeated for 4 minutes. If I hadn't had to go and get another beer out of the fridge I doubt I could have listened to either of them all the way through .
just to go off on a tangent for a second, its an interesting juxtaposition against the stuff Sik dropped off last weekend, that I have been tinkering with this week. He puts zero effort into production, he uses the same presets for absolutely everything, no EQ and the only effect he ever uses is distortion. But man, does he go crazy with the arrangements. Everything has 3 or 4 basslines, all playing together, most with the same preset. Things come in and out every second bar, he puts strings in all over the place, lots of different fills and bridges, two or three leads and things. Its mayhem and because its all so dense it ends up all kind of sounding the same. But at least its teh kind of same that I can listen to over and over again, there is just so much stuff going on. So my point is that I find it so much easier and more rewarding to listen to interesting music with shithouse production than incredibly pristine, beautifully crafted sound devoid of ideas.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

gosh
Last edited by fateamenabletochange on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gosh again
Last edited by fateamenabletochange on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

very nice production, but it's the same all the way through. A few changes or extra ideas would make it much more interesting to listen to (that's me being constructive, not mean)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

return
Last edited by fateamenabletochange on Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

i think cypher and krim are both good at what they do and this tune is no exception. i'm not a big fan boy or anything and really don't listen to this type of music that often. but when i listen to either of their tunes i get into them. not sure what else to say but :tu:

lates

t-willy

t-willy wrote:i think cypher and krim are both good at what they do and this tune is no exception. i'm not a big fan boy or anything and really don't listen to this type of music that often. but when i listen to either of their tunes i get into them. not sure what else to say but :tu:

lates

t-willy
cheers ;)

Well, I like BOTH versions. :D

Nice one, the drums are solid! :D I feel like sampling the end part (when the drum loop play alone), could be cool to add to a mix. :D

Excellent kriminal! Really enjoyed this. It's definitely got a "kriminal signature" to it. I really like how present the kick is in the center of the track while simultaniously spreading it's sub frequencies across the stereo image. Very nice production work.

Peace!

Frank 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

I love the drums. They really add something to the mix.

thanks again everyone ;)

nice....very nice...:)

BONES...you are certainly entitled to your opinion but it sounds more like sour grapes than anything. :wink:

The sound IS pristine IMHO and I like the song. Dammit Dave, I wish I could sit down with you for an hour so you could show me how you get your mix to sound like that. :hail:

brilliant.... :)

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

the remix sounds a little overproduced to me ... too bright and too bassy ... i'm listening on Genelecs with a sub ... i like the production on the original track very much.

Return to “Music Cafe”