[attn dnb heads] gratuitous evilness?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whatever i decide of doing, whenever i start workin on a new tune, they always end up being monstrous, evil tunes, like this one: http://82.79.29.27/wtf.mp3

isn't it too much? and ignore the rawness and simplicity. it's 2 hours' worth of work. just to give you an idea.

If that's what you enjoy doing, roll with it.

well yeah, but after all, one of the purposes is people enjoying it to and dancing to it if played at a party.

Is that what passes for evil these days?

But yeah, if it's what you like to make, then keep going with it. If you try to make music that is not true to yourself, it will come off as dishonest and lacking soul to the listener.

[ xerocreep ] wrote:Is that what passes for evil these days?
what is then?

If you want people to dance at parties, I'd suggest writing some house music :shrug:

Rozzer wrote:If you want people to dance at parties, I'd suggest writing some house music :shrug:
heh... you can dance to drum'n'bass just as easy. it's even more fun actually

being monstrous, evil tunes
Sorry dude, but in Dnb circles that would not be counted as evil.. Take a trip to herbal for the monthly Therapy sessions (or alternatively grab the mp3's from doa) if you want to hear truly evil music....

From the sound of what you are doing (and taking in to account the 2 hour issue) i'd say your more in a liquid drum and bass tip!!

Exponent

If you want people to dance at parties, I'd suggest writing some house music Shrug
Lol, plenty of people (myself included) love to dance to drum and bass.. At least its fast enough to get the energy going, unlike house that plods along!!

even7 wrote:
isn't it too much?
Too much what? I did not find it evil at all. What's evil about it? My opinion is that the beat's pretty decent but the drum sounds are kind of weak and too clean sounding with no boom or thump. That bass sound is kind of farty also and I would get rid of it all together and replace it with an actual bass line.

If you were Dr. Evil's son he would be a little dissapoited. :P

I heard that the secret to sounding more evil is to keep a dead animal in a plastic bag and sniff it right before you record.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Paul_FX wrote:From the sound of what you are doing (and taking in to account the 2 hour issue) i'd say your more in a liquid drum and bass tip!!
how are the growling basses liquid man? :shock: being stoned a few hours ago, when i made thos 2 basslines i imagined some monsters growling and "barking" at me when listening to them blines.

hospital releases are liquid, but this is not.
Last edited by even7 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:I heard that the secret to sounding more evil is to keep a dead animal in a plastic bag and sniff it right before you record.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
noted. :lol:

and about them drums... yeah they need a lot more work. all i did was the arranging. no eq, no compression, no nuthin.

even7 wrote:
Mr. Pimpleswurth wrote:I heard that the secret to sounding more evil is to keep a dead animal in a plastic bag and sniff it right before you record.
noted. :lol:

and about them drums... yeah they need a lot more work. all i did was the arranging. no eq, no compression, no nuthin.
Another thing that works good for sounding evil is carving the word "SLAYER" on your forearm with a razor blade. Hope that helps! May the evil be with you! :shrug:
Oh yeah.....check out some of this too... http://www.mos-hi.com/

Paul_FX wrote:
If you want people to dance at parties, I'd suggest writing some house music Shrug
Lol, plenty of people (myself included) love to dance to drum and bass.. At least its fast enough to get the energy going, unlike house that plods along!!
Heh. It was a joke. I couldn't quite understand the even7's logic of worrying about being evil, but alienating dancers. It's drum and bass for gods sake, its supposed to sound evil! :hihi:

(Actually I have to agree with everyone else. That clip doesn't sound evil at all. Stop worrying and make some music!).

how are the growling basses liquid man? Shocked being stoned a few hours ago, when i made thos 2 basslines i imagined some monsters growling and "barking" at me when listening to them blines.
hospital releases are liquid, but this is not.
Thinking more D-Bridge style liquid bass... Imagine some pads layered in with your track and maybe a female vocal!!

Check out the Breezeblock session with D-Bridge and Exile to hear what i meant..
Like i say, for me (a hardcore dnb head for as long as dnb has existed), evil is people like Dylan, Technical Itch, et al..

Paul

Return to “Music Cafe”