Review Your Purchase

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not entirely well today (flu) so I probably shouldn't be making and definately not posting any music.

Couldn't resist it though, so here is:

Review Your Purchase

Born out of some experimenting with feedbacking some pedals and stuff. Leave a comment, please...

1 x large shot of whisky
1 x teaspoon honey
1 x pinch turmeric
1 x small slice of garlic
juice & grated zest of half a lemon
hot water
mix > drink> repeat as necessary
Didn't you have a flu track this time last year?
I won't listen now due to crappy lappy speakers.
I'll be back...

Sounds like your pedal collecting is coming along - really nice evolution in these sounds, and lots of variation in a relatively short time-frame.

OK so a Ribot sig pretty much automatically deserves a listen...

That shit is weird, and that's coming from me.
I wish I was using 10' tall speakers instead of headphones!

Febrile intransigence against cochlea; I think the shaker is what really pulls it together in the beginning.

This rocks. :band2:

suburban grilla wrote:1 x large shot of whisky...
Sounds fine to me (oh there was more to your recipie - I never got past the shot of whiskey).

Looking forward to your comments...

runagate wrote:OK so a Ribot sig pretty much automatically deserves a listen...I think the shaker is what really pulls it together in the beginning.

This rocks.
A fellow Ribot fan! Cool. No shaker though. These sounds are from feedbacking with delay pedals. Thanks a lot for listening.

dystonia_ek wrote:Sounds like your pedal collecting is coming along...
Yup. Though I just had a minor tragedy. The Danish post "lost" a Pearl analog delay that I've been chasing for a year and a half and finally found on Ebay for next to nothing.

Thanks for listening. Some stuff in this little track that I'll be revisiting for sure.

respirator wrote:Sounds fine to me (oh there was more to your recipie - I never got past the shot of whiskey).
Yeah, the other ingredients are just there to make it taste nasty, it gives the psychological advantage of making it taste like medicine :wink:

The deep drone and distorting shaker are superb. The guitar parts are tantalising, almost as if they're going to play a "proper" tune.
Some of the bleepy atmospherics are surprisingly pleasant to listen to...
...must be cos you're sick

ooh some nice subdrone textures under the bleepy loveliness :D
got some fx pedal stuff lined up meself.
old korg a5 pedal board and im using the twelve string and some glockenspiel beaters :D

hope i get anything as sweet as some of this just to cut out and manipulate.

get well soon :)

That was fun! Although I wanted less of the high pitched white noise static type sounds and more of the slide-y bass stuff. Anyhow, lots of cool ear candy.
Image Image

Tops as usual; I just loved the higher frequencies coming in close to the 3 min mark.

I'm officially jealous ;)

respirator wrote:
runagate wrote:OK so a Ribot sig pretty much automatically deserves a listen...I think the shaker is what really pulls it together in the beginning.

This rocks.
A fellow Ribot fan! Cool. No shaker though. These sounds are from feedbacking with delay pedals. Thanks a lot for listening.
I was just joshing about the shaker, mate. :wink:
This is a good song to play really loud.

This is a great track, Thomas. Lots of twists and turns. Really lovely once the guitar riff takes off at the 3-minute mark.

suburban grilla wrote:Didn't you have a flu track this time last year?
I couldn't remember this, but you're right. It's quite awful (in a good way of course)...

It is here, btw.: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=flu

Didn't get many comments back then, so perhaps one or two would listen now.

1 x large shot of whisky
1 x teaspoon honey
1 x pinch turmeric
1 x small slice of garlic
juice & grated zest of half a lemon
hot water
mix > drink> repeat as necessary
:D
Make Your Voice Heard!!
EUROPEAN VAPERS PROTEST 29th 2.00PM.It saved my life.

Return to “Music Cafe”