music for fun- EDIT please listen and advise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

did this for my own pleasure. this milestone thing is awesome. a big thank you to all involved. just sat down, made loops and started playing live on top of it. heh. f**k it i wasn't gonna do it, quitting music and all, but it was just so much fun and very hard to keep up. just fuckin around... i didn't care really... when i listened, i put dj frog on top of it and some other shit. i was almost there.

EDIT: i'll probably make this my big project. maybe an end maybe a new beginning. get rid of cheesy conga or replace... add funky vocals. give proper structure/variation to the whole damned thing. i'd like to see your thoughts on what i should do to make this more fun. i really want the finished version to sound professional for once. only then, i think i'll be satisfied. please be brutally truthful and give me some advice. like: tolga give it up... it ain't ever gonna sound that good. or tolga just leave it alone, it ain't going anywhere and you know it. or maybe... tolga, you could add this or that or whatever. if you add vocals make them sound like this guy.... add hihats bla bla. this is a modest tune that i did to get the turkishness out of me a bit. parts of it came out but parts of it need some pulling.

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/drill_matkap_2.mp3
Last edited by tuz on Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excellent! Put a big smile on my face immediately :D . I love the bass riff that kicks the whole thing off, and it just gets better. Well done.

Obfski wrote:Excellent! Put a big smile on my face immediately :D . I love the bass riff that kicks the whole thing off, and it just gets better. Well done.

thanks. it's silly really. but the thing is... i'm silly. :p

Guido's new toy is amazing. I've been following that thread very closely. I actually think your track is one of the best demos of Mile's Tone so far. I'm guessing that you didn't use a breath controller (there's something about breath controllers that sounds very synthetic to me).
That mode you were using in the song reminded me of one of my favourite Wynton Marsalis albums - In this House, On this Morning. There's a track called Call to Prayer that uses a very similar trumpet style.

sonarman wrote:Guido's new toy is amazing. I've been following that thread very closely. I actually think your track is one of the best demos of Mile's Tone so far. I'm guessing that you didn't use a breath controller (there's something about breath controllers that sounds very synthetic to me).
That mode you were using in the song reminded me of one of my favourite Wynton Marsalis albums - In this House, On this Morning. There's a track called Call to Prayer that uses a very similar trumpet style.

:o jeez!! what compliment!! thank you :). i don't know about wynton marsalis, but if the tune is called call to prayer and mine sounds like it, i bet you anything marsalis was inspired by the real muslim call to prayer... it's called ezan. although, i must say i wasn't inspired by that.

milestone speaks to me. it says "tolga, play me... play me" :p

p.s. no breath controller. was gonna do the fruity peak controller/voice thing. but i was too high. :p

Fun fun fun.

Fun.

That's why you shouldn't quit making music, just quit all the rest and do the fun stuff. I love this. It's crazy in all the right ways.

shamann wrote: Fun fun fun.

Fun.

That's why you shouldn't quit making music, just quit all the rest and do the fun stuff.
Good advice.

No one ever said "If only I had spent more time at work!" on their death bed.
shamann wrote:I love this. It's crazy in all the right ways.
Me too!

That was friggin' great!! I really enjoyed that. Thanks!! Redolent of some of Ornette Coleman's funkier stuff. A great hang.

thanks guys. means a lot to me. heh. i don't know any of those guys. marsalis, coleman. should do some research. shamann, herodotus and mayan: :hug:

herodotus wrote:
shamann wrote: Fun fun fun.

Fun.

That's why you shouldn't quit making music, just quit all the rest and do the fun stuff.
Good advice.

No one ever said "If only I had spent more time at work!" on their death bed.
shamann wrote:I love this. It's crazy in all the right ways.
Me too!
So true. What else is there to say? I also agree it's the best Miles'tone demo there is.

:D

I was going to say something else, but I forgot what it was. Sorry. :shrug:
Mizutaphile.

Ildon wrote: I was going to say something else, but I forgot what it was. Sorry. :shrug:

:lol: thanks for the compliments man.

bump... i could ask many questions that, maybe, would trigger deep thoughts, but i'm not in the mood. listen and enjoy my humble and lazy work. if you have suggestions please go ahead. planning on turning either this or something similar to this into an uber festive tune that will make you shake your asses. it will include the long forgotten tuz vocals as well. i'm fed up with music, but i will do this one thing that i'm proud of. right now i'm not proud. i do believe this tune is somewhat fun to listen to but as usual it's half ass done. in the future, i hope to give you this one tune that is the heart and soul of tuz. then i'm probably done for good. the fun will live on in that tune. this is not it. i, at least, hope that this tune has touched you in some way. i'm nowhere near good. never took lessons or anything. i don't know music theory. i just love sound.

dunno bout half-assed. this is just fun, and now m trying to figure out why i can't get milestone to do this kinda cool shit yet....:)

mr. johnson
for entertaining porpoises only

dunder wrote:dunno bout half-assed. this is just fun, and now m trying to figure out why i can't get milestone to do this kinda cool shit yet....:)

mr. johnson
thanks man. i just used pitchbend that's all. and tried to hit the keys really fast. :p no expression used or anything. here's the midi file if you wanna look at it. :)

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/drill_matkap_2.mid

got it... thx

one of these daYs i should get a 'real' midi thing and not rely on this crappy driver i originally made for the c64.... ("but it werks fer me, and m too lazy to learn new tricks..." said the old dog)and something where I can export a complete file...
oh well,
it's just for fun and all...

but m thinking of buying a new keyboard this year (must have new toys and all)so the change will probably happen.

you'd be amused by what I use as a keyboard, and it's probably as old as,well, dirt
for entertaining porpoises only

Return to “Music Cafe”