tabla sample set/kit with multi velo layers?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

is there any (commercial or free) tabla sample set/kit available with several velocity layers?

cheers, akj

soon... :)
We are going to release both Tabla, Darbouka and UDU single shots and multi velocity layers.
No release date yet but as soon as we know we will inform on our site and on our forum here.

Lars

sh, that's great to hear. is there any chance that you create a patch with a mapping as it is in swarshala? because it#s easy to create drum pattern in there (and export to midi) but the provided sounds are not so great.

cheers, akj

There's free Tablas here. Not sure about the vel. layers,though.
http://www.realfeel.freeuk.com/samples.htm

I don't know if this is what you are looking for:
we are going to release a nice collection of tabla performances (and other indian percussions).

They have been recorded in southern India. You can use single samples or performance slices. And they are multitrack and with time-stretching.

And they have a nice indian-spice flavour (because they come with some spices in the box :) )

www.sknote.it "samples" page...

hi, thanks for the link but these are only single hits. also, I am not so much interested in loops but a realy instruments sampled in all playing techniques and with multi velocity layers for building my own beats. since swarshala offers a good composition environment for indian music, but offers weak sounds (and so does their vsti swarplug) I thought someone might have done a good sampler instrument. mybe, the upcoming one from precisionsound is what I am looking for...

cheers, akj

AKJ wrote:hi, thanks for the link but these are only single hits. also, I am not so much interested in loops
so what do you want, loops or single hits???

single hits but multi layer ;-)

AKJ wrote:hi, thanks for the link but these are only single hits. also, I am not so much interested in loops but a realy instruments sampled in all playing techniques and with multi velocity layers for building my own beats. since swarshala offers a good composition environment for indian music, but offers weak sounds (and so does their vsti swarplug) I thought someone might have done a good sampler instrument. mybe, the upcoming one from precisionsound is what I am looking for...

cheers, akj
These are _not_ single hits!
These are performances in different styles, velocities, several takes.

There is everything about tabla.

But you have to cut your own samples. If you are looking for ready-to-use programs for samplers this is not the case, but if you want real good sounding instruments it should be very nice :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”