Waves and Mastering

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm mixing my latest set and I'm wondering which Waves EQ's. Should I use the Linear Phase Eq only on the master or should I use it on all my instances of EQ?

Does anybody know what the differences are in LinEq vs. RenEq vs. Q10 paragraphic eq??

Also I'm wondering once mixed should I use the C4 compressor on the master with the Lin EQ or the Multiband , or just the Linear phase Multiband that has the same EQ in it??

Personal experiences and knowledge appreciated,
Joe

tjcinnamon, well, to best answer your question, I just simply use Waves' regular 10 parametric Eq and seems like it is doing the trick for me for the final mixes. I have learned a lot of tricks and am still learning in mastering. I have experimented with compressors as well. Out of all the compressors in waves, I found RenComp the best instead of C4 compressor. But again, depending on what exactly you are trying to do, you will still have to experiment through these compressors. Just a suggestion, try not to rely on the following sequence: EQ>Compressor>Save. Rather, try this: EQ>Compress>EQ if necessary>Save. Hope some of that helped you...
Enjoy!

Waves C4>Waves REQ 6Band> Waves R Comp> BBE Sonic Maximizer> Waves L3 Limiter.

yea the waves q10 is perfect

EQ>Waves LinMB>Waves L2 Usually does the trick here. Might throw in Spectralive, Spectralizer, or enhancer of choice after EQ.

You've spent like nearly 1299$ on waves plugins and don't know the difference between the EQs or how to use the C4? :P

- bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I have found that the best combo for what I am doing is for the master. Linear phase Eq, Linear phase multiband compressor, followed by the L1+ maximizer. I found that the L3 maximizer had a tendency to bring up the highs and destroy the lows even on stuff mixed properly. Maybe the L3 is above my head but I am not a fan. I spent the last few days trying to figure out why none of my tracks had much bass and why the highs were to high (even after changing the mix). My show is tomorrow and all is well in my dept. as far as Eq's I think the REQ is better than the q10, RBass is better than Maxbass for deepbass's, and the L1 blows the L3 out of the water.

Again, thanks for the help,
Joe

p.s. I have a friend in israel that works for waves. I also have a friend in madison where I'm from who works at sony. :D

p.s.s. My question was should I use the C4 with the lin eq or a multiband compressor that had the lin eq in it. The best sounding result was from the LinMb with the LinEQ (not in that order). :love:

i use audiotrack for most comp. (i know, i know) then Q10 most cases and then a bit of lin eq and then mabey a touch of L2. or L3 if im feeling like a twat.

Return to “Production Techniques”