Titanic Soundfont - WTF?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: Don't go to the site, it's been hacked or something and is now rife with trojans it would seem.

I must admit I've been looking to leech this soundfont for the last few months in order to address the lack of a decent GM-compatible sound library in my plugin collection.

There don't appear to have been any downloads available for quite some time; now when you go to the site you get some of the content you would expect but the majority of the page seems to belong to the the society of women engineers Richmond.

Is anyone else seeing this or is my ISP serving up random pages in place of what I should be seeing?

:help: :nutter: :shrug: :-o

More to the point, does anyone know where I might find the Titanic soundfont for download? Que sound of straws being clutched...

I'm not tight, just very poor at the moment.
Last edited by Modeler on Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Wow that is weird. The Page title is Titanic Soundfont but there doesn't seem to be anything even remotely connected with soundfonts on the site. Yes it does show the SWE info here so I don't think it's your ISP. Only 859 visitors since 2004 so I guess there aren't many members. Never heard of the Titanic Soundfont so can't help there but would be interested in downloading it as well.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A quick Google search revealed this site:
http://www.titanicsf.com/download/download.html

Unfortunately his bandwidth has been exceeded so he's looking for someone to mirror the file. Can't download now, says come back next month.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My spies inform me that Teksonik wrote:Unfortunately his bandwidth has been exceeded so he's looking for someone to mirror the file. Can't download now, says come back next month.
Heh. I once got this same message on the first -- last April, I believe. I thought it was just a joke, until it happened on May 1st as well.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Danny Darko wrote:I must admit I've been looking to leech this soundfont for the last few months in order to address the lack of a decent GM-compatible sound library in my plugin collection.

There don't appear to have been any downloads available for quite some time; now when you go to the site you get some of the content you would expect but the majority of the page seems to belong to the the society of women engineers Richmond.

Is anyone else seeing this or is my ISP serving up random pages in place of what I should be seeing?

:help: :nutter: :shrug: :-o

More to the point, does anyone know where I might find the Titanic soundfont for download? Que sound of straws being clutched...

I'm not tight, just very poor at the moment.
WHATS THAT BULLSHIT??
If i go on that site i got a virus alert and am forced to download a wmv video?
:x :x :x :x :x

The same here: a Trojan! :x

Alien M.

Go to hammersound.net and look for the huge sets. Here's a few suggestions.

Fluid: its sounds are a little prissy, and it doesn't use enough samples, but it ain't bad at all. Its samples work together seamlessly, and most of them seem to be original.

Magic: great, warm sounds, not too large (but not too precise, either). Like most huge GM sets, it uses samples from many sources, and they don't always fit together.

Cadenza: like Magic, but more precision and less warmth. It uses a lot of the same samples, too.

Overall, I'd go with Fluid. Magic has better warmth, but Fluid fits together much better. Plus, whereas most huge GM sets use many of the same samples, most of Fluid's samples seem to be original.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

sonicfire wrote:WHATS THAT BULLSHIT??
If i go on that site i got a virus alert and am forced to download a wmv video?
:x :x :x :x :x
Shi-i-t!!! Sorry guys I honestly didn't know. I use Firefox and it must have automatically blocked all that out.

I've edited my post and removed the link. I should have been suspicious the last time I check the forum page there and found it rife with pr0n.

Sorry again. :-o
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

I use the Opera browser and AVG antivirus and didn't get a virus alert. I did however get the wmv download pop-up but closed it immediately. Doing a full virus scan now just in case however.

WTF... I have got my PC full of trojans since I hit the link (before edited)...
Could you tell me how to remove them? McAFFEE says something about QlowZone-4
Please help...

I'll second fluid.....sounds great.

Fluid, General User, All in One, Airfont... all good. To pick up where Ravity leaves off, I use General User and All in One.
Mizutaphile.

pleaseee !! :(

Ildon wrote:Fluid, General User, All in One, Airfont... all good. To pick up where Ravity leaves off, I use General User and All in One.
You got links to any of these? :-o (excluding fluid of course :P )

Gale wrote:WTF... I have got my PC full of trojans since I hit the link (before edited)...
Could you tell me how to remove them? McAFFEE says something about QlowZone-4
Please help...
Please help... :( :(

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”