ESC

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Grabowski,

I'm very glad to hear that your circumstances have improved. Look forward to purchasing your product and wish you continued good health and success.

Stephen

I'm sorry if this has been covered already but I would like the ST2 support clarified. As noted:

* SAMPLETANK 2 import.

Does this just mean I can convert other samples into ST2 format, or can I say convert ST2 sounds into Kontakt 2 format. I'm looking to consolidate everything under the one plugin and would prefer Kontakt.

ozinexile wrote:As noted:

* SAMPLETANK 2 import.

Does this just mean I can convert other samples into ST2 format, or can I say convert ST2 sounds into Kontakt 2 format. I'm looking to consolidate everything under the one plugin and would prefer Kontakt.
If you look at the “formats” page at www.extranslator.com , the new formats in the upcoming version are indicated by a bi-directional arrow. To me that would suggest that these formats will be available both as sources and as destinations.

If this is correct I will definitely be buying ESC – the only thing that has held me back is that HALion and Kontakt have only been available as sources, not destinations.

Edit: oops, just realized that ST2 is not mentioned among those new formats. :oops:

/Yoss

* SAMPLETANK 2 import.
or can I say convert ST2 sounds into Kontakt 2 format. I'm looking to consolidate everything under the one plugin and would prefer Kontakt.
ozinexile and Yossarian
Please ask Dave aka Squids from Sonic Reality for the clarifications this fact.
bi-directional arrow. To me that would suggest that these formats will be available both as sources and as destinations.
Not. Surely not in 3.0 release. All directions will be added in 3.1 release.
If this is correct I will definitely be buying ESC – the only thing that has held me back is that HALion and Kontakt have only been available as sources, not destinations.
Kontakt will have both directions.
Halion has its own converter. The truly I didn't see a reasons for who we should develop this. But we can do this to complete our "directions".

Regards,
Wlodzimierz Grabowski
EXTREME SAMPLE CONVERTER
Last edited by EXSC on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The new ESC spec include vst sampling. This is exciting (I assume that one can load a vst synth and export a sf2 or other format). However, the big problem is looping. Any chance for some automatic (but adjustable) settings for crossfade loops?

YBaCuO

@Wlodzimierz,

I wanted to say I'm more than happy with ESC, you have helped me in the past and have always been prompt, friendly and professional. So good to hear you are on the mend and I wish you continued good health.

YBaCuO: It works in way you describe. There is no auto-looping option in the first release yet.

Thanx Elysium.

+1 for HALion export (fxb/fxp)

DarkStar wrote:+1 for HALion export (fxb/fxp)
Hello DarkStar.

What does the "+1 for" means :?:

It's "energyXT" speak. ;) It means "one more person in favour of..." :)

Yes :oops:
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”