Drum recommendations for guitarist

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking for some simple drag-and-drop loops to rock out to and practice with that would cover a variety of styles from folk, ballad, light rock, rock, heavy metal, speed metal. Your basic guitarists palette of tempos and themes.

So far it looks like Drums on Demand is the best bet for me. Are there any others out there that may be worth looking at? I have an old copy of ACID Drum tools, but it's lacking ALOT, and also invested some money into cakewalk loops smartloops R.A.D.S and those also are difficult to use. Drums on demand seems the best so far.

The workflow is going to be loop based for drums, while recording lead, rhythm, and bass guitars on top in realtime with cubase and using flstudio with some synths for things like strings, horns, keys, etc.

I have heard that steinbergs virtual drummer program is pretty decent and easy to build drumtracks with, but it's pretty expensive and the way I work is I need just a simple backbeat while writing the music on top of it, not program a whole drumline first -- I am a guitarist, not a drummer -- and then play over that..

So are loops the way to go or are there other suggestions? How do other guitarists here work with their tools and what tools are they?

Thanks in advance.

maybe the loops at http://www.betamonkeymusic.com/ would also suit your workflow
5 twelve

havran wrote:maybe the loops at http://www.betamonkeymusic.com/ would also suit your workflow
Exactly, thanks. :D

Good drums.What's a pity, not similar quality drums loop free?

If you want some real variety, you might check out the MIDI songs at www.drumtrax.com for $50. There are lots of free sample players and free/cheap drum machines to play the MIDI notes. Not to mention the built-in machines in Cubase and FLStudio.

The cool part about this over audio loops is that it'll be MUCH easier fory ou to vary the speed and to cut and splice pieces to suit yourself. You won't get bored with them nearly as quickly, since you'll have more control over them, and they'll sound better when you get to recording.

However -- if you want to start with free, there's always www.groovemonkee.com. I haven't bought his loops yet, but people frequently rave about them here, and I like his basic MIDI loops a lot. You can, of course, take the extra step of rendering them in acidized format, with the drum sounds that you prefer, and then have quick drag and drop loops.

thanks, I'll check them

hmmmm I thought about normal, pure acoustic loops in wave format....

Well.... I haven't been there in years, but I just checked, and www.looperman.com is still up. You might want to give them a once-over.

Take care,

GreyLion

Yeah, full of dance loops.Anyway, big thanks GreyLion
for help

You ask for drum loops, but I could suggest you the free demo of Broomstick Bass (vsti) : 2 different bass sounds, a basic acc. drum and the styles you want... .. .
It sounds good, is simple and efficient, a great tool !
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote:You ask for drum loops, but I could suggest you the free demo of Broomstick Bass (vsti) : 2 different bass sounds, a basic acc. drum and the styles you want... .. .
It sounds good, is simple and efficient, a great tool !
That is way more than I have budgeted for this. Thanks though.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Have you ever worked with Fruity Loops?
Email me at Vertizon@aol.com (mailto:Vertizon@aol.com)

Vertizon wrote:Have you ever worked with Fruity Loops?
Email me at Vertizon@aol.com
yep I'm regged user since v3. do you still want me to email?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
grymmjack wrote:I am looking for some simple drag-and-drop loops to rock out to and practice with that would cover a variety of styles from folk, ballad, light rock, rock, heavy metal, speed metal. Your basic guitarists palette of tempos and themes.
Check out the Dry Studio Kit loops from Smart Loops. They have some free samples you can download on their site at www.smartloops.com (http://www.smartloops.com)

One word- Jamstix!

David

www.davidlinn.com

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”