I'm tired of Acid Pro! Any sugestions?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First: problems with some soft synths (sampletank, for exemple)

Second: Can't do nothing slower than 70bpm

Any sugestions?
I'm looking for something as simple as Acid so I can do my drum tracks.
Thanks!

Live5

pedronunes wrote:First: problems with some soft synths (sampletank, for exemple)

Second: Can't do nothing slower than 70bpm

Any sugestions?
I'm looking for something as simple as Acid so I can do my drum tracks.
Thanks!
Acid goes down to 40 and up to 300 bpm (alter the tempo range through Options/preferences/editing.) Dunno about sampletank not working, but for a small fee you can get EnegryXT and load troublesome plugins through that. It'll open up a whole new world of options for you too. Another bonus is that processor heavy plugs seem to use less if loaded through eXT. I really really do need to get that myself.

Project 5 also handles loops quite nicely, as well as plugs. The sequencer can't be beat (imho), and it comes with Dimension.

Thanks a lot Reverse Engineer, obviously you know more than I do, and I thank you for your answer.
See if you can answer this one, please:

Sometimes, also, the loops sound strange (like i'm hearing them from inside a pipe) when I slow them down.

And one more thing:
I though about P5, but it seams more complicated.
I just use Acid to lay down the drum tracks, with loops, then i'll export them to Sonar.

so why not just use sonar?

Because with Acid it's so simple!

pedronunes wrote:See if you can answer this one, please:

Sometimes, also, the loops sound strange (like i'm hearing them from inside a pipe) when I slow them down.

----You are probably just slowing thme down too much from their original tempo, and that's what is causing that sound.

Jeff

You are probably just slowing thme down too much from their original tempo, and that's what is causing that sound.

Any solution to that?

pedronunes wrote:You are probably just slowing thme down too much from their original tempo, and that's what is causing that sound.

Any solution to that?

----Well, either increase the tempo, or try changing them to one shots, but I kind of doubt beats are going to work at the wrong tempo as one shots eh :wink:

Jeff

Ableton Live.

ACID Pro is supposedly receiving an upgrade soon (probably at NAMM tomorrow). Maybe the new feature will offer better time stretching.

munchkin wrote:ACID Pro is supposedly receiving an upgrade soon (probably at NAMM tomorrow). Maybe the new feature will offer better time stretching.
The timestretching in ACID is one of the few things that's actually doesn't need much improvement. :lol:

The problem is that there is just a limit as to how far you can shift a loop from it's original tempo. Using a Recycle type loop player may give better results, if the loops are percussive in nature. Other than that, there's only really so much that can be done.

Given SONY's track record, I'm sure all that they will add to the program is a more aggressive way for them to try and coerce the user to buy more loops. Hopefeully I'm wrong.
Last edited by John Vulich on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

... I had used ACID since Ver.1 > Ver.4

Haven't even re-installed it, since getting Ableton Live - for time stretching/syncing beats, and upgrading to P5v2, for sequencing (and Dimension). Both compliment each other, with different tools.

Then consider Stylus RMX. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

best.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”