Convert Single track midi to several tracks? how?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have some midi files with different layers of percussion. when i load them all midi data is in one track, no matter what i select. i suppose this is midi type 0 and i need to convert to midi type 1 in order to have all the different layers on different midi tracks?? i then tried a little program, but now worky, either :shock:

any programs, tips for me :help:

I think most sequencers can do this - it's usually called something like Split, Demix or Explode. If your host doesn't have it, there's a Standard MIDI file Dump Utility at www.kvitek.com/midi which claims to do this (haven't tried it myself).

/Yoss

thanks, i will give that a shot :D

Really, as Yoss said, let your sequencer do the job. All the ones I know are doing it just fine.
That utility he mentioned might come in handy though.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

thanks a lot 8)

any ideas how to explode in fruity loops?

There is a freeware program called "mididrum" that I use to split tracks. It's here:

http://www.gnmidi.com/gnfreeen.htm

(Lots of other great free midi utilities on that page. Grab 'em while you can..)

I haven't played with it for awhile, and am at work, so can't load and experiment, but I think MidiLocator, does this too. I remember liking the interface.

Freeware, unless you want the piano roll functionality, at www.midilocator.com.

I'd just copy and paste.... but that's me.

Return to “Production Techniques”