Life At VSampler, or not?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a small company that does great work. They don't have Tascam or NI behind them, but they were one of the first people to bring out a soft sampler. Bless them.Very serious people who can survive if we support them or fall away if we desert them. I hope the community of people here who know their work can continue to support them. They helped to start it all. Deserting them would be like deserting the Stones for ACDC.

Yeah they still have a great sampler. I would support them further if they would EVER come out with a new version (v4) or maybe offer some new sample sets in the VSampler format.
Wordsong.info - because something GOOD is on the way!

they do offer new sample sets, and I got some in the works ;-)

well i guess i meant to say newer less 'esoteric' sets (e.g. more 'common' sets like synths, pads, maybe even some orchestral sets). More stuff like that which came with their included Sonar(4?) bundle; now those were pretty killer imho.

Artgiver wrote:Yeah they still have a great sampler. I would support them further if they would EVER come out with a new version (v4)
The current version works well and was updated a few times since it came out and it loads a lot of other formats.

ok how about i'ld support them if they came out with just the sample cds.
no seriously, i was just trying to make the point that they're a great co with a great product and i like supporting co's like that. v3.5 is great.

(Not that I mean to suggest that Kontakt or Giga are like ACDC. Great programs, both.)

there will be a large GM-Set apodted for VSampler (you can already buy it), and if you order any sample cd from maz you get a 1.5 gib lib with prophet sounds. also there is a free curch organ of which I did the vsampler conversion (with much improved sample looping). and, as I said, I did some more conversions (a piano lib, a brass lib, an orchestra lib, a drum lib, a bass lib). at the moment I am checking with the companies who own the rights possibilities how to make this work publicly available/usable for other Vsampler users.

cheers, akj

They need to work on better documentation for the product. That seems to be the majority of complaints.

There really doesn't need to be a set of sample CDs since it will import plenty of formats. If you want a GM soundset just download some soundfonts.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”