Life At VSampler, or not?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How odd. MAZ just (30 Dec) announced a Xmas special :lol: good until January.

It's related to VSampler and some new samples...my question would be: "does anyone know what's going on there?"

I've had VSampler on my 'to buy' list since forever, but have never taken the plunge because of the unresponsiveness of the website to questions, and the general air of decay surrounding it. Folks have told me it is a killer sampler(plus), whatever the external signs...

any new input?

/fcd
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

I got this email too, and it intrigued me - mainly because I had to do a lot of reading to make sense of it (due to the sheer number of upgrade options).

It sounds like Sonar 3 owners are luckiest - they're able to DL v3.51 for free (DXi only). I just tried this new version and it seems to act better than v3.01. I tried the Giga and SoundFont import, and that seemed to work well. So, I might upgrade to the full version (which is also a great price) simply to add ReCycle and Kontakt importing.

Brian

I bought VSampler because the $400+ samplers are too expensive for me. VSampler has a bit of a learning curve, but then suddenly it's all completely clear and logical and intuitive.

I have the same feeling, that it's not really under development, but on the other hand, if it works ok... And it does, for me.

I think there are some links to a site where there are video tutorials as well made by a 3rd party.

Check and see if that convinces you.

The basic stuff is learned rather quickly I think. But problem has been if you want to use it to full capacity there is a lack of documentation.

I was not so thrilled when I read that they were about to port it from Delphi to C, to make portability to Mac easier.

I don't get it, I must say. Why make so much effort on getting another 10% of market. PC is about 90% still, or is it different for music industry?

Is lack of Mac support is stopping all major deals with other product vendors?

Anyway, I really like Vsampler and it sounds really good too. And Maz seems to be back helping out on forum again. That's cool. :)

I was going to go with VSampler, but when one of his announced features (microtuning) didn't even come close to working correctly, and there was no real documentation for the program, and then on top of that there was - for all practical purposes - NO response from the developer in his very own support and bug report forums, well... I figure I'll just keep looking.

Cheers,
Envoy
the dreamer that remains . . .

envoy wrote:...there was no real documentation for the program, and then on top of that there was - for all practical purposes - NO response from the developer in his very own support and bug report forums, well... I figure I'll just keep looking.

Cheers,
Envoy
That's been my feeling since, um, March 2005. But I continue to hope that things'll perk up. It is a pretty well-featured sampler for the price. But 'no support' is a big bad with me, cos I always have questions... :lol:

/fcd
the carkeys are not in the fridge where I left them

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Can anyone actually get to www.maz-sound.com (http://www.maz-sound.com)? I can't even get to the site listed in his email.

battema wrote:Can anyone actually get to www.maz-sound.com? I can't even get to the site listed in his email.
Yes. :roll:

Maz is working on Vsampler 4 ;)

and although he disappeared for quite some time, MAZ seems to be active in his forum again lately.

VSampler can be frustrating sometimes, but it is actually a very powerful sampler.

mahtazz wrote:Maz is working on Vsampler 4 ;)
Is that the same as VX7, or something different?

/fcd

JamminFool wrote:and although he disappeared for quite some time, MAZ seems to be active in his forum again lately.

VSampler can be frustrating sometimes, but it is actually a very powerful sampler.
Oh, it has a lot of fans and 'power users', I know. I'd like to be one, but I wanna be sure there's support when the "hit with the idiot stick syndrome" comes over me. :lol:

This sounds like unfolding good news, though...

/fcd

funkychickendance wrote:
mahtazz wrote:Maz is working on Vsampler 4 ;)
Is that the same as VX7, or something different?

/fcd
VX7 is an FM synth.

it used to be part of VSampler (in version 2, i think). then it was split off to be a separate product. a beta was floating around for a while. the website shows a picture of it, but no download.

it states that it will be the next product after VSampler, but nothing has happened there for a long time.

MAZ recently stated on the forum that work has begun on VSampler 4, but not to expect anything for quite some time...

so i get the idea that VX7 is a dead product...

VSampler is my favourite sampler, although I own Kontakt. Now with Maz being back at the forums the support should be quite ok. Just try the demo and see if it works for you. The price is quite low considering the power.

cheers, akj

AKJ wrote:VSampler is my favourite sampler, although I own Kontakt. Now with Maz being back at the forums the support should be quite ok. Just try the demo and see if it works for you. The price is quite low considering the power.

cheers, akj
Yep, that's the conclusion I'm coming to. I have a very old demo (very convincing!), but I need to grab a newer one. Thanks to all those who replied...

/fcd

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”