Removing a highlighted range of sound FROM another sound?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I remember around 7 years ago, I found a process (i think it was in soundforge), where you could open a sample, select a range of that sample (for example some leading hiss by itself), then run the tool that would extract that sound from the entire sample.

So basically you could use it to select the hiss by itself, and it would remove it from the rest of the sample. It was a VERY useful function, which I had forgotten about for years. Now I'm using Sony Sound Forge 7, and can't remember how to do it.

Could anyone let me know how this can be done? Using Sony Sound Forge 7, Wavelab, or Cubase or any freewave? Is there any software that does this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all. Merry Xmas & Happy New Year! :)

Cheers,
EoN

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1319.html

this will do exactly that among other things. i've tried and succeeded many times. very useful.

just sample the hiss. loop it. and use it simultaneously with the track in question in your host. i can't remember which one goes full left and which one goes full right (the track or the hiss). you gotta experiment a little. it'll just take a few minutes to figure out.

oh yeah. merry xmas and happy new year to you too. :)

Return to “Production Techniques”