Audio Engines

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Baniev: Yes. Set it to 256 which is the highest quality(on the export to wave file page). I left the mixer set to Linear in the Audio setting page. Try doing a 16-bit wave file instead of mp3...

cron wrote:Somebody round these parts (nuffink?) tested this by rendering the same project in 2 hosts. The 2 audio files cancelled perfectly when one was phase inverted and mixed back on to the other. Any difference people hear between 2 hosts can usually be put down to one host simply having a louder output level than the other.
I had a minor part in it. Since then I've had a change of heart.

Despite proving that any differences would be more than 70 db BELOW THE NOISE FLOOR I've decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
To that end nuffco will be producing a range of audiophile components inspired by the likes of shakti stones and monster cable.

Be warned, idiots. You don't deserve a break. You won't listen and you won't learn. So it's time you were exploited.

Love

nuffink.
Now with improved MIDI jitter!

nuffink wrote:
Despite proving that any differences would be more than 70 db BELOW THE NOISE FLOOR I've decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
To that end nuffco will be producing a range of audiophile components inspired by the likes of shakti stones and monster cable.

Taking investors? Sounds like a plan that would work.
Last edited by AD80 on Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AD80 wrote:
nuffink wrote:

Taking investors? Sounds like a plan that would work.
o.k. - I'm in! :D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

nuffink wrote: To that end nuffco will be producing a range of audiophile components inspired by the likes of shakti stones and monster cable.
You should sell green markers to color around your screen. I'm sure vsts would sound 500% more professional then.

mbell wrote:
nuffink wrote: To that end nuffco will be producing a range of audiophile components inspired by the likes of shakti stones and monster cable.
You should sell green markers to color around your screen. I'm sure vsts would sound 500% more professional then.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

mbell wrote:
All of our products will contain a number of pixels coloured #39730F. This has been shown to be the optimum green for absorbing stray floating points.
The exact number of pixels is determined by a proprietory algorithm based upon the Fibonacci series and is a nuffco trade secret.

didn't read through all the two pages - has the question been answered yet which host sounds best?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:didn't read through all the two pages - has the question been answered yet which host sounds best?
The first nuffco Audiophile product will be a convolution based "Hostifier".
Nuffco engineers have taken impulses of all known hosts doing f**k all and bundled them into one easy to use mastering plug.

Available shortly after xmas for the entirely reasonble price of 1000 euros.

nuffink wrote:
jens wrote:didn't read through all the two pages - has the question been answered yet which host sounds best?
The first nuffco Audiophile product will be a convolution based "Hostifier".
Nuffco engineers have taken impulses of all known hosts doing fcuk all and bundled them into one easy to use mastering plug.

Available shortly after xmas for the entirely reasonble price of 1000 euros.
I'll take 1 of those please. That way I can make Tracktion sound like Nuendo. Then I'll finally win my grammy. The grammy commision wont let me win becuase my mixes dont have that Nuendo quality to them.

Left Headphone wrote:
There was a difference in the audio quality. I'm not going to say which sounded better, but it will be easy to hear once you do it.

Play the two tracks back in something other than Sonar or FLS5...

Of course there is difference. Every host gives slightly different sound - which does not mean that every techno "musician" wannabe would be able to perceive it - cause flute will still sound like flute, and piano will still sound like piano, and not drums for example:)

davor wrote:
Left Headphone wrote:
There was a difference in the audio quality. I'm not going to say which sounded better, but it will be easy to hear once you do it.

Play the two tracks back in something other than Sonar or FLS5...

Of course there is difference. Every host gives slightly different sound - which does not mean that every techno "musician" wannabe would be able to perceive it - cause flute will still sound like flute, and piano will still sound like piano, and not drums for example:)
Davros, you fit my target demographic perfectly.

Keep your ear out for other quality nuffco products in the new year.

Enjoy your deafness Nuff. It's just fascinating to find people who otherwise wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the 128 kbps mp3, and the original wav file, discussing the subtle differences in the quality of audio. :)

nuffink wrote: Davor, you fit my target demographic perfectly.
even more than you probably realize... :shock:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”