help for a basic question on how to 'freeze' in cubase pls?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks,

I think (hope) I'm in a situation where I need to freeze some audio tracks....(I'm a noob, I've tried the manual & browsing the forums but could still do with some help pls!)

I'm remixing a song & have around 20-25 audio tracks made up of samples & plug-ins. (I've got 2 instances of BFD open, EW Colossus (altho just one instrument from it) & a bunch of fx plugs running over the various audio tracks).

Suddenly the sound keeps on just cutting out mid way thru playing so I'm guessing I've maxed my system out (I'm running pretty new athlon tho with 2gb ram but an old version of SL)

I've read that freezing some tracks can help but can't find how to do this! I read about a 'snowflake' icon in the inspector but can't see it (I can see 'lock' but assume that is different unless it's changed as my version is so old...)

Any help appreciated folks as I'm kinda stuck

cheers

V

also, just tried exporting the whole track thru audio mixdown & the sound is cutting out in the mp3 when I listen back to it - which is odd as I thought this process would be fine even with the above problem... :shock:

it's on the instrument panel. hit F11 and you'll see it.

Or there's the old-fashioned way (which does exactly the same thing)...

Hit file->export and then simply hit the bypass button for any insert FX and turn off the VSTi. It's only a couple of mouse clicks extra, and your VSTi settings and FX settings are still saved and loaded.

And the bonus with this way is that you have the audio file fully visible and editable.

I still don't see the point in freeze :P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”