MuLab 9.6.7 Alpha

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayvyg wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:10 pm I like this idea. Ideally, there would three options for collapsing/expanding. Largest with the new embedded panel, medium without the embedding and fully collapsed which just shows the fader and meter.
I agree, but then i have this practical question: Imagine you have a rack in medium state so with slots and fader but without embedded panels. Now what state should the collpase/expand button at the top-left of the rack show: + to expand or - to collapse?

A few options:

1. Replace the button with a drop down to choose the state.
2. Cycle through the various states
3. Have a + and - button
4. Use some advanced AI that learns your patterns and makes an "intelligent" choice ;)

The current system has the "normal" racks routing to the rack bus which by default feeds the "master" rack, which is connected to the main (audio/midi) outs (but can route to another rack subject to no loops). In the picture and in your description, you say racks must connect to audio out. Does this mean there will no longer be a concept of using the racks to set up a mix and then feeding into a master rack with mastering effects?
Screenshot 2024-09-29 163943.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pljones wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:37 pm The current system has the "normal" racks routing to the rack bus which by default feeds the "master" rack, which is connected to the main (audio/midi) outs (but can route to another rack subject to no loops). In the picture and in your description, you say racks must connect to audio out.
I meant: Each rack normally has a mixer strip fader, as before.
Now IF the user connects a MUX Modular to the audio out of that rack mixer strip fader, then that MUX is regarded as part of the fader section of that rack, hence using the pre-post fader indicator triangle will take both the volume fader and fader MUX into account when rearranging the inner rack connections between rack slots and fader section.
Does this mean there will no longer be a concept of using the racks to set up a mix and then feeding into a master rack with mastering effects?
That concept will still be the same, no worries :)
The fact that those screenshots don't show a master rack is just a temporary little test project here, the absence of a master rack in that project doesn't mean anything about the renewed rack system.

The renewed rack system does not cut anything, it only adds extra options and flexibility:
A M9.5 rack now has become a plain MUX Modular.
But as soon as a MUX Modular has at least 1 rack slot, it is regarded as a rack and as in M9.5:
* Racks are included in the Rack Desk
* Racks have a pre-post fader control
* When drag-dropping modules/plugins between rack slots, side-chaining is taken into account

Will do my best to share a test version asap. It will still have some rough edges but it's about getting a feel of the renewed rack concept.

Wow! great stuff :tu:

Looking awesome jo, can't wait :tu:

dayvyg wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:32 pm
MuTools wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:20 pm I agree, but then i have this practical question: Imagine you have a rack in medium state so with slots and fader but without embedded panels. Now what state should the collpase/expand button at the top-left of the rack show: + to expand or - to collapse?
A few options:
1. Replace the button with a drop down to choose the state.
2. Cycle through the various states
3. Have a + and - button
4. Use some advanced AI that learns your patterns and makes an "intelligent" choice ;)
Ok, have been thinking further about this and i think i have a proper solution:
The rack collapse-expand button stays the same as now, it simply toggles between small ( = fader only) and wide view.
Now when right-clicking the collapse-expand button it shows a little check list where you can toggle on/off the different parts of the wide rack view.
But collapsing-expanding still stays a single click.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, that's a good solution. I like it.

d.

Me too. Gotta love Mulab for being detailed but accessible. Jo, yer alright!

Great idea!

Return to “MuTools”