LUNA is now free for all Mac users

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MetalSir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 pm
phantom101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 pm
MetalSir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:41 pm
phantom101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:20 pm Has anyone made the switch from Logic to Luna?
The free option seems now a lot interesting...
I was using Logic before Luna.
Luna all day long.
Good to hear. Do you think it could be suitable for lofi music (mainly played)? What makes you prefer it to logic?
I'm an ex protools operator. Luna Is "home" for me. I have always thought to Logic as an overcomplicate software for no reason.
With Luna you can do anything like any other sequncer in my opinion. There is this narrative going on about free software less good than paid ones, this is not the case IMHO.

Let's put this way: I have 2 machines, one equipped with PT and one with LUNA. I use the second.

PS i do metal and as composer i play my instruments I do almost nothing via midi except for drums. So maybe if you are that kind of "midi-ish" composer you'd prefer something more midi oriented like Cubase. :)
My songs are played 50% with real instruments, but in fact the midi editor is very important for me.
Maybe I'll give it a try since it's free, thanks for the advice.

phantom101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:30 pm
MetalSir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:06 pm
phantom101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:06 pm
MetalSir wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:41 pm
phantom101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:20 pm Has anyone made the switch from Logic to Luna?
The free option seems now a lot interesting...
I was using Logic before Luna.
Luna all day long.
Good to hear. Do you think it could be suitable for lofi music (mainly played)? What makes you prefer it to logic?
I'm an ex protools operator. Luna Is "home" for me. I have always thought to Logic as an overcomplicate software for no reason.
With Luna you can do anything like any other sequncer in my opinion. There is this narrative going on about free software less good than paid ones, this is not the case IMHO.

Let's put this way: I have 2 machines, one equipped with PT and one with LUNA. I use the second.

PS i do metal and as composer i play my instruments I do almost nothing via midi except for drums. So maybe if you are that kind of "midi-ish" composer you'd prefer something more midi oriented like Cubase. :)
My songs are played 50% with real instruments, but in fact the midi editor is very important for me.
Maybe I'll give it a try since it's free, thanks for the advice.
Yep. Give it a try. It's free, you gotta nothing to lose. I bet you'll like it. :D
A casa mia si diceva: "sbagli una volta perdi due denti." - Tony Soprano

I actually find the signal flow of LUNA a bit hard to follow.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:44 pm I actually find the signal flow of LUNA a bit hard to follow.
It seems pretty basic to me. Reaper on the other hand can have me pulling hair out. plugin alliance vsts will load as mono on a stereo track.

jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:44 pm I actually find the signal flow of LUNA a bit hard to follow.
Why brother?
A casa mia si diceva: "sbagli una volta perdi due denti." - Tony Soprano

no file browser is really tough for me. Otherwise, its ok

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”